Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#110585 by Darkbob
Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:07 pm
Tom B wrote:If you want calls to go to your cell's voicemail you need to make sure the ring-no-answer timeout (RNA) of your cell account is shorter than the Ooma RNA. You currently have the Ooma set up correctly with RNA at 99 sec, and both local ring and forwarding prompt disabled.


Thanks Tom. Actually my Ooma wouldn't honour the 59 sec RNA. It will always pick up after 3 rings regardless of what I set it to. I took this all the way up to Tier 3 support and they couldn't get it working. So they just disabled voice mail on the Ooma entirely.

But I was interested in the "local ring and forwarding prompt". I haven't seen any kind of setting like that and support didn't mention it at all. Can you give me a bit more info and let me know where I can find this? Maybe that was the problem.
#110639 by Tom
Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:43 pm
On MyOoma under Preferences | Call Forwarding the following checkbox will appear if you select multi-ring or call-forward-all: "Require key press before answering forwarded calls". Multi-ring means the server will both do a local ring (of the telo) and call the number you're forwarding to. Call-forward-all only does the latter.

There's a bug in the system where if you select call-forward-all and next change the 'Voicemail pick-up time' under Voicemail Preferences the old pick-up time will still be used for the forwarded call. To correct this toggle 'Enable anonymous call block' under Privacy (make sure to click save each time).

Example:
[RNA=ring-no-answer=voicemail pick-up time]
[the telo RNA is set under Voicemail Preferences, the call-forward-all RNA is separate but derives from it]

telo RNA is 24 sec
enable call-forward-all on a phone number
change telo RNA to 59 sec [call-forward-all RNA is still 24 sec - this is the bug]
toggle 'Enable anonymous call block'
call-forward-all RNA is now also 59 sec
change telo RNA back to 24 sec
call-forward-all RNA is still 59 sec

So knowing this trick you can have one RNA for the non-forwarded or multi-ring phone numbers on your account, and a separate RNA for your call-forward-all phone numbers. Once we fix this bug you will have access to both RNA's.
#110690 by Darkbob
Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:03 pm
Tom B wrote:There's a bug in the system


Ahhh. Ok. Well I'll call support and get the voice mail back on and give this a try! Good to know.

I wonder if somebody should give Tech Support a call and let them know about this... I spent almost an hour on the phone with lots of people all the way up to Tier 3 and nobody knew there was a bug much less a work-around.

But cool. Thanks!
#110706 by Tom
Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:44 am
Addendum: Due to a bug in the forwarding server the call-forward-all RNA is currently not working properly. When that RNA expires the call is supposed to go to voicemail. What is happening instead is that the call repeats and voicemail is not reached until 3-4 repetitions. Likely by that time the remote party will have answered already or the local party have given up.

The bug is already fixed but we can't deploy that release because of a carrier issue (carrier showing the caller as being the customer).
#110779 by Darkbob
Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:42 am
Well your slightly strange work-around worked! My call forwarded calls go to my cell voice mail if I dont answer and my home calls land on the Ooma voice mail. Well done!
#110797 by oomg
Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 pm
Darkbob wrote:Well your slightly strange work-around worked! My call forwarded calls go to my cell voice mail if I dont answer and my home calls land on the Ooma voice mail. Well done!


In an earlier post, Tom stated:
Tom B wrote:If you want calls to go to your cell's voicemail you need to make sure the ring-no-answer timeout (RNA) of your cell account is shorter than the Ooma RNA. You currently have the Ooma set up correctly with RNA at 99 sec, and both local ring and forwarding prompt disabled.


I just send all incoming messages as mp3 files to the email account on my iPhone. That way all messages are forwarded, and at the same time, retained on the Ooma system. I tend to keep messages for a long time, and storing them on my cell phone voice mail would significantly limit my ability to retain the number of messages I have stored.
#110824 by lbmofo
Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:22 pm
Tom B wrote:For your unit to be "seen" it needs to have a VPN connection with our servers, so it needs to be plugged in and have either a blue logo or a blinking red logo with the top 3 lights off (volume, brightness, antenna icons).

What state is the Telo in if "blinking red logo with the top 3 lights off?"
#110830 by Tom
Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:15 pm
It means the client has VPN but is not going into service for any number of reasons:

1. account problem (no/canceled/suspended/corrupt account) - fix account
2. account specifies battery on FXO is condition for going into service and no battery is detected - fix battery
3. client issue (client in some bad state) - reboot
4. server issue (outage of some kind) - wait for netops to restore service
#113117 by Tom
Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:41 pm
Tom B wrote:Addendum: Due to a bug in the forwarding server the call-forward-all RNA is currently not working properly. When that RNA expires the call is supposed to go to voicemail. What is happening instead is that the call repeats and voicemail is not reached until 3-4 repetitions. Likely by that time the remote party will have answered already or the local party have given up.

The bug is already fixed but we can't deploy that release because of a carrier issue (carrier showing the caller as being the customer).


The fix for this issue was deployed 9/9/13.
#115721 by law
Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 pm
My "Call forward all" calls were being picked up by my Ooma Voicemail, so tonight (December 30, 2013), I did the trick posted on June 5, 2013 by Tom B, above, and it solved the problem. So, not sure about the deployment of the fix on 9/9/13, and why I had to do the trick to fix my issue, but it worked. So thank you!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests