Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#109669 by Bobs41185
Thu May 09, 2013 1:06 pm
I am a new OOMA user and it is a very nice system. The only annoying thing I can find is when I am dialing an unfamiliar phone number and don't remember the whole number I only have 5 seconds to locate the number and continue dialing or the call is dropped. My local telco uses 30 seconds which is more than enough but I think the value should be increased to at least 10 seconds to accommodate us with poor short term memories.

Thank you.
#109672 by Bobs41185
Thu May 09, 2013 1:13 pm
Yes, that is correct. However, standard telco phones do not have this feature and hence the problem. If the "Dropout Time" were increased then there would be no problem.
#109719 by Bobs41185
Fri May 10, 2013 7:23 am
For me, this is an important request. For instance, I have a wall mounted standard telco phone in the kitchen and I really don't want to purchase an electronic phone just to get the "talk/hangup" buttons which would require an electric cord hanging down the wall. It is hard for me to believe that the OOMA default 5 second limit between key presses is really important. 10 seconds would make a big difference and as I said my current telco service allows 30 seconds between key presses.
#109722 by lbmofo
Fri May 10, 2013 9:07 am
Not sure the significance of why the duration allowed is the way it is but here is my observation:
Ooma Hub: ~7 seconds
Ooma Telo: ~9 seconds
Work PBX: ~11 seconds