Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#109432 by Skimmer90
Wed May 01, 2013 4:23 pm
:?: :!: :?:
We have seen a huge increase in the amount of SPAM calls we are receiving from robo, telemarketers, and other entities since signing on with Ooma. We've had our current number for over 7 years and did not have these issues while a BellSouth/AT&T subscriber. We didn't receive anywhere near this volume of garbage. Being on the Federal DNC list, every phone or mail list service, we thought the blacklist service would be helpful but not needed as much as we are having to use it.

Has anyone else run into this since signing on with Ooma? I am going to be VERY irritated if Ooma is selling their subscriber lists. We are to the point of contacting some of our local representatives.
#109438 by EX Bell
Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Skimmer90 wrote::?: :!: :?:
We have seen a huge increase in the amount of SPAM calls we are receiving from robo, telemarketers, and other entities since signing on with Ooma. We've had our current number for over 7 years and did not have these issues while a BellSouth/AT&T subscriber. We didn't receive anywhere near this volume of garbage. Being on the Federal DNC list, every phone or mail list service, we thought the blacklist service would be helpful but not needed as much as we are having to use it.

Has anyone else run into this since signing on with Ooma? I am going to be VERY irritated if Ooma is selling their subscriber lists. We are to the point of contacting some of our local representatives.

SPAM calls here are no where near the level US residents are forced to deal with, but I only have 32 entries in my Personal Blacklist. Some of those are to block unwanted calls to my US number. We get almost no SPAM calls, despite also having a US telephone number. When we had Bell Canada, we would get several per day.