Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#108506 by RICHIE-D
Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:30 am
I wanted to let people know there ooma is suposed to be a sealed device. However mine fell from my desk to a carpeted floor when my toddler accidentally pulled it from the desk. When this happened the two halves split apart reveling this device is only held together with plastic clips. NO SCREW OR ADHESIVES HOLD THIS DEVICE TOGETHER!!! The harness pulled loose from the top and to my suprise even the circuit board fell out not bieng attached by anything except large plastic clips that are formed when making the plastics. When i called costomer service they were quick to call this ( MY PROBLEM ). Its sad to see a company take.advantage of there costomers by setting them up for failures and then not offering any support . Who's negligenceis it when there product.is not.properly secured together???
#108507 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:51 am
Sorry to hear what happened. Must have hit the floor just at the right or wrong spot to cause that to happen.

https://www.ooma.com/legal/terms-and-conditions

(i) Ownership and Risk of Loss. You will own the Equipment and bear all risk of loss of, theft of, casualty to or damage to the Equipment, from the time it is shipped to you. If the Equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen you will no longer be able to make unlimited local and domestic long-distance calls and will be required to purchase new Equipment.

(a) Limited Equipment Warranty: We provide a limited warranty on the Equipment as to manufacturing defects for a period of ONE year from the date of purchase. This Limited Warranty does not apply to any defect or failure other than a manufacturing defect, and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, does not apply to any defect caused by damage in transit, damage by a Retailer, damage from dropping, abuse, water damage, electrical or lightning, or from other types of customer handling.
#108511 by MapleOne
Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:34 pm
Kind of like when an iPhone drops and the screen breaks.
You would love it to be constructed sturdier and you call the manufacturer hoping they will help you.

but alas... the product dropped...

In the end we can talk about build quality all we want but most products are not built to be dropped.

It sucks when it happens and you hope the product could pass the drop test but this item was made to sit on a flat surface and therefore probably not subjected to any drop tests.

If it helps, I recently saw a post on this forum where somebody was looking to sell their unit.