Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#108505 by RICHIE-D
Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:25 am
I wanted to let people know there ooma is suposed to be a sealed device. However mine fell from my desk to a carpeted floor when my toddler accidentally pulled it from the desk. When this happened the two halves split apart reveling this device is only held together with plastic clips. NO SCREW OR ADHESIVES HOLD THIS DEVICE TOGETHER!!! The harness pulled loose from the top and to my suprise even the circuit board fell out not bieng attached by anything except large plastic clips that are formed when making the plastics. When i called costomer service they were quick to call this ( MY PROBLEM ). Its sad to see a company take.advantage of there costomers by setting them up for failures and then not offering any support . Who's negligenceis it when there product.is not.properly secured together???
#108508 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:01 am
RICHIE-D wrote:I wanted to let people know there ooma is suposed to be a sealed device. However mine fell from my desk to a carpeted floor when my toddler accidentally pulled it from the desk. When this happened the two halves split apart reveling this device is only held together with plastic clips. NO SCREW OR ADHESIVES HOLD THIS DEVICE TOGETHER!!! The harness pulled loose from the top and to my suprise even the circuit board fell out not bieng attached by anything except large plastic clips that are formed when making the plastics. When i called costomer service they were quick to call this ( MY PROBLEM ). Its sad to see a company take.advantage of there costomers by setting them up for failures and then not offering any support . Who's negligenceis it when there product.is not.properly secured together???

Sadly this type is electronic assembly construction is becoming very common.

Some electronic parts of automobiles and airplanes are even constructed in this same manor without problem.

On the other hand, most electronic devices constructed in this manor will standup very well if not mishandled.

Were the internal electronic components damaged, or did they just come apart?

If the electronic components weren't damaged, maybe they can be reassembled back to a working Ooma Telo???