Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#108390 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:24 pm
In addition to what Bobby mentioned below,

Bobby B wrote:There are many open requests for blacklist enhancements, including:

- Wildcarding for blacklists ***
- Blacklisted calls appearing in the call logs
- Whitelisting callers that appear on the contact list
- Provide option to blacklist all invalid US numbers

Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on when we'll see the above features implemented.

*** Wildcarding announced 4/1/13

There are these additional items requested so can be tracked:
Blacklist Stats/hit counter
Blacklist entry level treatment option
Allow Blacklist Sort
Import/export blacklists
Editing multiple Blacklist entries
Discard/don't save empty Voicemails
Whitelist + PIN Privacy
Give My Ooma Contacts Exception
Blacklisting by name (with wildcards)
Add "Contact" & "Blacklisted" columns to Call Logs Export
Scheduled DND with Exceptions
#115076 by swamper
Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:48 am
"Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on when we'll see the above features implemented."

As a database designer/developer/administrator, these are not complicated issues. In fact, they're fairly simple at the database level, as in a day or two to test and implement. Integration with the programming and user interfaces may require an additional week or two, along with perhaps a month or two of beta testing among select users to work out the kinks.

Three months, top.
#115124 by lbmofo
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:31 am
Easier said than done. Even if these are on top of Ooma's "To Dos." Don't know what kind of things these items would impact and how complicated they are to re-do/modify.
#115353 by JohnHTexas
Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:24 am
AWESOME!

I came to this site to request a WHITELIST option and found this post which suggests far more than what I was asking for. Two thumbs up on your proposal. By itself, OOMA's blacklist feature is reason enough for me to buy the premium package annually. Implementing your proposals for allowing blacklisted calls to be accepted by white listing or PIN would be very premium indeed. I hope OOMA sees the benefits for its customers, and adding these new features adds value to the service.
#118512 by jasonu
Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:54 pm
Registered just to comment on this. Love my Ooma service, but I'd really like to see some more features with the blacklists and/or whitelist features. Call stats on blacklisted numbers would be beneficial, especially as I anticipate filling the 256 entry limit. Alternately, I would just enable a whitelist feature as it became available. Is there an ETA on this? This thread is nearly a year old.

One of my reasons for picking Ooma was because of the blacklist option. We've had some pretty terrible telemarketing/spamming in the past with our old provider, and having a robust blocking scheme helps make having a 'landline' worthwhile.
#119852 by EH1
Tue May 06, 2014 7:26 pm
Just a sneaky suspicion -- maybe subscribing to the Premier service makes you target to a higher volume of spam calls. You would think that Ooma community blacklists should take care of all the solar energy telemarketers, etc., but it seems like just the opposite is happening. Of course, there's no way to tell since there's no call blocking statistics, and even if there were, who's to say if they wouldn't be fabricated just to give us a false sense of value in the blacklisting service?

One piece on anecdotal evidence -- my dad discontinued the Premier service and claims that he no longer gets spam calls. I don't know if that's true, but it just got me thinking... :?:
#125567 by VegasGuy
Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:30 pm
I really would like a field that allows the user to specify: 'Delete entry after XX months of inactivity.' In other words, if a call has not been received by the caller in say, 18 months, the blacklist entry is automatically removed from your list. This would keep your list up to date with no extra effort.
#130429 by MFitz73
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:46 am
Hi I have read through this thread and I don't think I see anyone mention being able to have blacklisted numbers enforced only during certain times of the day.
For example....
I want to block a number between the hours of 8am to 10am, then after 10am allow.
then with more flexibility
block the same number between 4:30pm to 6:30pm.

has this type of feature been suggested, perhaps in a way that I don't understand in the previous posts?

thanks
Mike