Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#107647 by Aubuchon
Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 am
I would like the ability to opt out of automatic firmware updates. I am FINALLY able to fax after waiting for years which is the only reason I have ooma. Everyone in my house has cell phones. We don't use ooma for voice. Please make it possible to block further updates. Thank you.
#107678 by Aubuchon
Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:28 am
Faxing works just fine right now and I'd like it to stay that way. I first bought Telo in 2010 and faxing worked fine but then they did an automatic firmware update and faxing stopped working for thousands of people. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9538 Beside the point, faxing is not the reason for this thread. Mandatory firmware updates is the subject. Every other device and sofware comapany allows their customers the "choice" to update firmware or to not update. All I'm asking is for ooma to do the same. I dont think its too much to ask.

The thread link above was closed in December 2010 becasue mod assumed the issue was fixed. It wasn't fixed. I started another thread in May 2011 with the same exact problem viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11534&start=0 so you can see why I woud like to opt out of automatic firmware updates. I only recently regained the ability to fax. My ooma box sat in a drawer for years while I waited on another update to fix the issue. It works great now for what I need it for which is only faxing. I don't need any more updates for voice quality or handset issues etc.