Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#107460 by oomg
Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 pm
I would like the option to have calls forwarded from one or both of my ooma numbers (Premier) when the line is busy.
#107679 by oomg
Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 am
Tom B wrote:see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13059

Thanks Tom. I viewed the topic, but it isn't quite what I was thinking. As I understand, disabling call waiting cannot be applied to incoming calls unless it is permanently disabled for all calls. I do think the issues are related, and as such, perhaps it would be possible to set up the system through the preferences section so that if a particular number is in use (i.e. busy) incoming calls could be handled in one of four methods: (1) play busy signal; (2) notify of call waiting; forward the incoming call to another number; or forward the call to voice mail (perhaps with the additional option of forwarding the call to voice mail after a brief notification on call waiting).
#107681 by Tom
Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:25 am
Leaving aside customers who still use Ooma in landline integration mode, the "busy" concept currently only exists in the Ooma network if both lines on an Ooma are busy. In that case the call immediately is sent to voicemail.

Calll waiting can be disabled on a per call basis by dialing *70.