Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#109614 by Telo_BK
Wed May 08, 2013 10:31 am
You can order Premier at any time. Your credit card is not charged until the end of your 60 day Premier trial period.

Wrong: I was charged the instant I signed up for Premiere. My expiration date (on My.Ooma.com) shows the date one year from the time I signed up and was charged. The remainder of my free trial kicks in after that. Several CSRs have told me that.

You make some other ill-advised statements that contradict my experience with Ooma. I am suggesting that this prospective customer proceed with caution. Things might have changed since you signed up- I don't know- I am a recent addition to the "Ooma family". I do know that there were some problems, and we're talking about what used to be considered a vital utility. Caution seems to be prudent. I wish I had known the things of which I informed this enquirer before I signed up for Premiere and bought the Telo and three accessories. I would've proceeded differently.

I have no doubt that your clients trust you (and presumably pay you for advice for what is normally free or very low-cost phone service). It seems that this query issues from someone who is either not your client, or doesn't trust you.
#109617 by peabody
Wed May 08, 2013 10:52 am
I installed Ooma a couple months ago, and a week later signed up for Premier. I did that by phone so I could get the $20 discount. The CSR said they would charge my credit card immediately for the $99, but I would still get the rest of the two-month free trial of Premier, so my Premier expiration would show as 14 months from the day I installed the Telo. And that's exactly what has happened.

So there appears to be no reason to wait. Also, if you sign up for Premier, they waive the $40 porting fee. It seems to me that as soon as you know it's going to work for you, that's the time to sign up for Premier. Then port.
#109625 by EX Bell
Wed May 08, 2013 12:08 pm
Telo_BK wrote:
You can order Premier at any time. Your credit card is not charged until the end of your 60 day Premier trial period.

Wrong: I was charged the instant I signed up for Premiere. My expiration date (on My.Ooma.com) shows the date one year from the time I signed up and was charged. The remainder of my free trial kicks in after that. Several CSRs have told me that.

You make some other ill-advised statements that contradict my experience with Ooma. I am suggesting that this prospective customer proceed with caution. Things might have changed since you signed up- I don't know- I am a recent addition to the "Ooma family". I do know that there were some problems, and we're talking about what used to be considered a vital utility. Caution seems to be prudent. I wish I had known the things of which I informed this enquirer before I signed up for Premiere and bought the Telo and three accessories. I would've proceeded differently.

I have no doubt that your clients trust you (and presumably pay you for advice for what is normally free or very low-cost phone service). It seems that this query issues from someone who is either not your client, or doesn't trust you.

Correct. A unintentional misstatement of facts. Ooma does not start the subscription until the end of the trial period, but billing is immediate. So there is no reason to wait if you are sure it is what you want. I have changed my original post.

I post here to make suggestions and offer advise based on the experience I have as well. I don't mean to be contradictory. I have personally installed 20 Ooma Telos, in varying environments, and configurations since becoming a customer myself in January of last year and I enjoy sharing my experience here to help others. Anyone can join the Ooma forum or browse its pages for free advice without first becoming an Ooma customer.

The statements I make result from confidence in the product and company based on my personal experience and the experience of other forum members. If you look back a some of my early posts, there is skepticism and downright mistrust in some of them, but now that I have experienced the process over and over and the way the company conducts business, I endeavor to offer my honest opinion and advice to anyone that wants it. Take from that what you wish.
#109635 by Telo_BK
Wed May 08, 2013 2:35 pm
My experience is similar to yours then. I too signed up gleefully, in fact I spent almost $400 on the equipment and a year of Premiere. I had some bad experiences that made me question the wisdom of my choice. I would've done things differently had I known then what I now know. One of those is that I wouldn't sign up for Premier until I had nearly exhausted the trial period. I might've done it after 3-40 days- long enough to give all the stuff I bought a thorough ringing out, and replace the two (of three) faulty peripherals I got. Additionally, I could've discovered some of the bugs, some show-stopping (as with the Bluetooth adapter), some mere annoyances. I did look at the forums here before I made that initial purchasing decision. But I didn't see any of the frank information that I posted. I wish that I had. So that's why I posted. It wouldn't surprise me if nicholshornlake also had second thoughts after installation as you and I did. So I hope that my (and your) posts have been helpful in possibly mitigating some of that.

I have seen quite a number of your helpful posts. You generally know what you're talking about. However, the Premiere trial period might be 60 or 90 days depending on the equipment purchase, or it could be zero.

One thing that impresses me about Ooma is that it seems that a significant number of experienced Ooma users become somewhat evangelical about the company and its products and services. In these days when people are cynical, suspicious, and even hateful of government, cable and wireless companies- I find that customer enthusiasm refreshing, even encouraging.
#109685 by OomaBob
Thu May 09, 2013 4:35 pm
Proud to say I am a Ooma Premier user for 5 days! Works GREAT.
Just got rid of my ATT copper wire and all set with VOIP now via Ooma.

Also got my first telemarketer listed in my personal blacklist... :D
#109691 by EX Bell
Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 pm
OomaBob wrote:Proud to say I am a Ooma Premier user for 5 days!

Welcome OomaBob. Enjoy the ride!
#112345 by gator81
Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:47 pm
make sure you can port you number by calling in and asking the porting dept. as you could be in a area that they don't have an agreement with and will not be able to port your number. even if it says you can online. I am still working on a different resolution besides trying to port to a cell and then to google voice and then forward to ooma but that is another option.