Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#106516 by mickEmouse
Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:08 pm
Blacklist enhancements seem to be one of the most popular requests on this board. Also, one of the most long term...

Looking back through posts and three things keep coming up, over and over again (self limited to when the Telo came out (Oct. 09)).

Request for black list using wild cards has been on the board since at least 10/13/09. (3 years 4 months)

Request for white list has been on the board since at least 12/02/09. (3 years 2 months)

Request for a black list call log has been on the board since at least 01/06/10. (3 years 1 month)

All have gotten the response that ooma is planning to implement or that they are on a to do list for the future. When does that future begin?

I know that things will not be worked on based on one request, but the above have had MANY requests. I also know that its not simple to fix all of the above, but it is just software in the end.

Has ooma stopped developing the background software in favor of new handset designs? Will we be waiting for the Telo replacement model before seeing any of these implemented?

Don't read this wrong, I LOVE my ooma. It just seems as though these enhancements (among many others) are relatively simple to build and implement in the grand scheme of things. Then the ooma system would be far better than it is now, and eaiser for me to "sell" the service to friends.
#106534 by gk4
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:02 pm
I agree. We need to be able to use wild cards in the telephone number and caller name. Which implies we need to be able to block on the caller name as well. :-)
#106542 by Bobby B
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 pm
Sorry that we haven't been able to deliver these blacklist enhancements as quickly as we or you would like. Blacklist number wildcarding has been the most frequently requested blacklist enhancement and we're actively working on developing the feature. We're targeting to release it in the first half of this year.
#106544 by mickEmouse
Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:35 pm
Thanks you for the reply Bobby.

Its just frustrating that ooma is so close to being so much more.

I do wonder if the hold ups are technical issues, legal restriction issues (as in laws forced through by the telemarketing industry) or inter company contractual restriction issues?
#107496 by shacky4
Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:28 am
I am a new Ooma user. I have had the unit for about a month. The first thing I did was turn on the anonymous call rejection and then added about 6 recent telemarketer numbers. I have gotten 0 unwanted phone calls in the last week. The one feature I would like to see is the ability to look up calls that have been bounced. Mostly out of curiosity, but also to make sure none of the numbers appear to be calls I might actually have wanted.

So, I guess that's a blocked call log feature request from a newbie.

PS Otherwise, I'm loving Ooma!
#107498 by lbmofo
Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:43 am
shacky4 wrote:I am a new Ooma user. I have had the unit for about a month. The first thing I did was turn on the anonymous call rejection and then added about 6 recent telemarketer numbers. I have gotten 0 unwanted phone calls in the last week. The one feature I would like to see is the ability to look up calls that have been bounced. Mostly out of curiosity, but also to make sure none of the numbers appear to be calls I might actually have wanted.

So, I guess that's a blocked call log feature request from a newbie.

PS Otherwise, I'm loving Ooma!

Future Blacklist enhancements are coming and Ooma is reminded of what you are asking for: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14441&start=10#p104475
#107561 by SeattleMike
Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 pm
One thing I would like to see is a 'bulk add' to the blacklist. I have a list of all of the numbers that one of the Caller ID aggregators lets their telemarketing clients use, but I can only add one at a time. I'd like a way to be able to import the entire list so that I don't have to keep hearing from 'Card Services' and the others that are using these numbers. They seldom use the same number, so blacklisting only stops the calls from that one number, then we have to wait for the next call and block another number that they won't be using again, etc. Being able to preventively add the entire block(s) of numbers would be more helpful that just using a wildcard (there are many area codes and exchanges, with blocks of numbers in each one).

It would be much more convenient if we had the capability to block an entire list of numbers that we know are used by the marketers and robocallers.