Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9200 by cdeezy
Wed May 06, 2009 10:36 am
Hi guys - so far I'm using OOMA and extremely happy and impressed, nice job! The only thing that's really hurting is the ability delete the voicemails I get in email so that I don't have to listen to AND delete them on both my scout AND my email account. It could be as simple as a link that one clicks, gets prompted to login at the Ooma lounge, and bam, it's deleted. (Thus deleting the message much more easily and stopping the blinking light from blinking on the scout :-) )

thanks for your consideration on this feature request
#9883 by dmoney
Mon May 18, 2009 11:51 am
Hmm. Not sure if it would be as simple as clicking a link, but they could offer a choice in the lounge. I.E.

Choice 1: Email notification/attachment, retain message waiting indicator on Hub/Scout

Choice 2: Email notification/attachment, no message waiting indicator on Hub/Scout

Choice 3: No email notification

Not ideal, but it would give the customer a choice of receiving voicemail via email, or on the Hub/Scout or both.
#57293 by scurvy
Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:13 am
I previously had 8x8 VOIP and they had this exact feature. It's really quite simple and I would love it if ooma supported it as well.

When someone leaves you a voicemail, the VM indicator at home comes on and an email is dispatched to the address(es) set up to receive voicemail notification. The VM is also attached as an mp3 file.

In the email, there are two links - one to listen to the message online, the other to delete the message. Clicking the second one deletes it immediately.

I really hate having to go through multiple steps to delete a VM when I get the notification email. First world problem, yes, but that's why I'm paying ooma for this service. Please implement VM message deletion with a single link-click from the notification email!
#57294 by DTMF
Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:49 am
scurvy wrote:I previously had 8x8 VOIP and they had this exact feature. It's really quite simple and I would love it if ooma supported it as well.

When someone leaves you a voicemail, the VM indicator at home comes on and an email is dispatched to the address(es) set up to receive voicemail notification. The VM is also attached as an mp3 file.

In the email, there are two links - one to listen to the message online, the other to delete the message. Clicking the second one deletes it immediately.

I really hate having to go through multiple steps to delete a VM when I get the notification email. First world problem, yes, but that's why I'm paying ooma for this service. Please implement VM message deletion with a single link-click from the notification email!
FWIW, novice/non-technical users would undoubtedly be confused by the fact that the attached copy of the voicemail message was not deleted by clicking the link.

I'd prefer to have a user-selectable time limit on how long any message stays on the Ooma server. After 24 hours, since I have a backup copy in my email, I have no need or interest in accessing the copy on the Ooma server. I'd like for it to be deleted automatically.
#57332 by ydnar723
Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:22 am
DTMF wrote:
scurvy wrote:I previously had 8x8 VOIP and they had this exact feature. It's really quite simple and I would love it if ooma supported it as well.

FWIW, novice/non-technical users would undoubtedly be confused by the fact that the attached copy of the voicemail message was not deleted by clicking the link.

I'd prefer to have a user-selectable time limit on how long any message stays on the Ooma server. After 24 hours, since I have a backup copy in my email, I have no need or interest in accessing the copy on the Ooma server. I'd like for it to be deleted automatically.

I agree, they should do that, being in the lines of technical support for years, the first thing that come to mind was "email problems". Email gets hung up because the files is too big or the email client is for some unknown reason timing out, corrupt, etc and in the end they have to log in and get the message anyways.
The time limit would be good so if the person does get it, the VM indicator goes off, the message is marked as old and purges in an amount of time defined by the user.
#57349 by burnside
Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:29 pm
I'd like this as well. I have an account with BillQ and when they remind you of a bill, you can just reply back to the same email with the word "paid" and they will stop sending you reminders to pay that bill for the month. Ooma can have something similar where you just reply back with "listened" or whatever.
#110798 by oomg
Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 pm
Sorry I disagree. It is a simple matter of opening "My Ooma" every now and then, and either marking all active messages as "heard," or alternatively, deleting them in groups of up to 100. Right now, I get messages sent to my iPhone email account. If I inadvertently delete an important message, it is still available on my Telo or Hub (or in "My Ooma"). I like it just as it is.