Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#105974 by joeed2
Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:13 pm
I requested 311 on these forums years ago.

The problem is where I live, due to cut backs in the city, now when you call the 311 line you just get a recorded message that says something like "all our operators are busy, for the fastest service please enter a request on the www. county.web.site". After you hear that repeatedly for about 20 minutes, you finally hang up and create a request on the internet, and they will respond back to you via email in a couple days.

So I gave up on 311, and just use the county website directly now.

Also for most (if not all) cities that offer 311 service, the 311 service is really just a short-cut to reaching another county/city information phone number. So that 311 you call in your area most likely has another regular phone number that calls the exact same place as the 311 short cut. You should be able to look that up, or go to another phone and call 311 and ask the operator "What other phone number (other than 311) can I call you at?" They most likely have another corresponding regular phone number for the same service.