Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#105742 by 9955a
Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 pm
How do I get caller ID to show up on the TV
#105747 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:47 pm
9955a wrote:How do I get caller ID to show up on the TV

It comes in from your Cable box, Dish tv box, Directv box or etc. Usually there is a telephone cord that is routed from the Ooma device Phone port, to the phone port on Cable box, Dish tv box, Directv box. You have to access the Dish tv box, Directv box or etc owner's manual to get directions for the box setup procedure to turn on this feature.
#105750 by lbmofo
Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:30 pm
For satellite receivers, you would have to feed the receiver Ooma dialtone (from Ooma's "phone" port) so it can display callerid on your TV when a call comes in.

However, cable companies can display calleird on your TV without any dialtone fed to your cable box (example Comcast, if you have their phone service, they display callerid on your TV without you having to do anything special to your setup; I am not aware of any cable boxes that you can feed phone line to).
#106005 by joeed2
Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:43 pm
I have Comcast, and I can't see where you can do that on the cable boxes. If you have Comcast Triple Play (which has phone service), the number shows up on the TV. But it looks like they some how lock you out from supplying a feed to the cable box from another phone service. Which doesn't really surprise me.
#106016 by lbmofo
Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 am
Comcast does the callerid remotely; when a call is coming in, they broadcast to your TV set who is calling.