Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9155 by skiptio
Tue May 05, 2009 7:28 pm
I'd like to be able to assign my second number to go directly to voice mail. I give the second number out to online places when shopping or other things where you know they will be selling or using it for telemarketing. Being able to direct those numbers directly to VM would reduce my stress level.
#9157 by WayneDsr
Tue May 05, 2009 7:43 pm
Assign your second number to the scout. Hold the voicemail button (envelope) on the scout for about 5 seconds and it will light up red, sending all calls to the scout directly to voicemail.
(privacy mode)

Wayne
#9308 by Dennis P
Thu May 07, 2009 11:24 pm
Here's another "hack" that I've used. Configure the second number to go to a non-existent Scout (just make up some numbers when it asks you for a Scout ID). Since the Scout is not "online", calls will go straight to voicemail. Log into that account and have it forward your voicemails to your email or mobile phone. Voila!
#9312 by murphy
Fri May 08, 2009 2:31 am
What happens when someone buys a scout that actually has your "made up" serial number? What happens if two (or more) people happen to pick the same "made up" serial number?
#9322 by WayneDsr
Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 am
Murphy's got a point, though.
Let's say I made up a serial number: 12345678
without giving that issue a thought.

I wonder how many would use the same sequence?

Wayne