Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#105530 by gerdymud
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:37 pm
Recently purchased Ooma Telo. Wanted to get fax working with Canon MFP (D-480). Turned off ECM, set RX at 9600 baud. Received OK but had problems with TX down to 4800 using *99 code. Was ready to give up but found discussion on various star codes. Tried *98 at 4800 without success. Tried *96 and it worked. Decided to set Rx and Tx at 14400 and it worked; at least for 1 page test with HP fax test site.

On DSL, ~2M download and ~300K upload.
#105532 by thunderbird
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:57 am
gerdymud wrote:Recently purchased Ooma Telo. Wanted to get fax working with Canon MFP (D-480). Turned off ECM, set RX at 9600 baud. Received OK but had problems with TX down to 4800 using *99 code. Was ready to give up but found discussion on various star codes. Tried *98 at 4800 without success. Tried *96 and it worked. Decided to set Rx and Tx at 14400 and it worked; at least for 1 page test with HP fax test site.

On DSL, ~2M download and ~300K upload.

Right now faxing should also work with no prefix.
#105743 by BergenCO
Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 pm
Faxing with HP can be very simple.

It has been challenging to a lot of people and there are numerous suggestions on all of the configurations to change. It have tried all of them and the simple fix is to leave the fax settings alone and use a 2 line wire. All of the challenges were due to using standard 4 line wire. It creates interference on the faxing. The HP fax machines/MFP come with 2 wire and if you need an extension, be sure to use 2 line on the extension as well.

I added a vertical splitter directly at the Ooma device to assure the best call quality and all is well.

Two line wire is inexpensive and can be purchased at ProWireGuy.com. (I have no connection with them, I just found them through a lot of searching and wanted to pass it along).

Although *99, is not necessary, I found that adding the prefix provided more consistency.

Hope this helps everyone with fax challenges.