Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#105507 by offroad_cj7
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 am
Why did Ooma make it's HD2 handset non-compatible with the 1st generation handset? This is CRAZY! I now own 3 handset (@ $50 ea) and only 1 works now. PLEASE make all my handsets work together, I don't have that kind of $$ to waist. Anyone want to buy 2 perfectly working 1st generation handset?
#105527 by southsound
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 pm
When I got my HD2 handsets I knew that they would not work in tandem with the original ones because ooma made that very clear, both on their site and in packaging. So what to do with the originals? I discovered a missionary in the Philippines who was using a Telo to keep in touch with his US support team so I donated them to his ministry. Maybe you could find a good cause and do the same? You might even be able to receive a nice tax benefit. The new handsets are really an improvement over the original ones - but the new features required a change in architecture. For me, it was a good trade off. YMMV.