Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#105425 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 am
jpeters2478 wrote:In a future firmware update it would be nice to have the HD2 handset backlight turn off during a call, so that the high pitch buzz from the backlight does not come through the speaker.

If the Ooma HD2 handset or the HD2 handset charging cradle gives off a high pitched sound, the HD2 handset or the HD2 handset cradle is defective and should be exchanged before the one year warranty period is up.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT
#105435 by jpeters2478
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:15 pm
I am sorry I was talking about the handset and not the cradle. On all three of my HD2 hansets if the backlight is on and you put the phone to your ear you can hear a high pitch buzz. When the backlight is off there is no buzz. So it would be nice to have the backlight go off during a call. Thank you.
#105443 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:45 pm
jpeters2478 wrote:I am sorry I was talking about the handset and not the cradle. On all three of my HD2 hansets if the backlight is on and you put the phone to your ear you can hear a high pitch buzz. When the backlight is off there is no buzz. So it would be nice to have the backlight go off during a call. Thank you.

Again, if the you hear a high pitch buzz when the HD2 handset backlight is on, it probably is defective and you should get it replaced before your HD2 handset warranty runs out.