Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9691 by deVries
Thu May 14, 2009 1:48 pm
jmassimilla wrote:You can also check your Lounge settings under Preference-System. If you have "Enable 10 Digit Dialing" checked, that will give you a delay when dialing seven digit local numbers. By unchecking the box, you will have to dial 11 digits (1 before the area code) on long distance calls but the delay on 7 digit dialing usually disappears.

Thank you!

This works and solved my issue... now! no delays. :-)
#9965 by lutefisk
Tue May 19, 2009 7:47 pm
This thread seems to have strayed from the original topic, but still seemed like the place to post this info...

I just wanted to add that my porting was smooth and easy (and I love ooma so far). Took about 5 weeks, and I never got an exact date for when it was going to happen, but today I got an email stating it was done. No noticeable down time. No effort on my part beyond signing up and sending in the LOA and phone bill. Thanks ooma. Keep up the good work.

One other thing...

I seem to have automatically kept my temporary number (became assigned as the second number included in my premier features). This is cool since people had already started to use it after finding it in their caller id.
#10148 by buzzman
Fri May 22, 2009 12:12 pm
I finally got a porting date (Qwest confirmed but haven't heard from Ooma) of 6/1, exactly two full months after I sent my first OLA!

I got my fingers crossed hoping it'll go smoothly.

For the people who are porting from Qwest and wanting to keep your Qwest DSL, you will need to call Qwest to make sure your porting request is not a "disconnect". At least two people (including me) have their porting requests from Ooma to be a "disconnect". I called Qwest and the CSR was helpful enough to make sure my DSL doesn't get disconnected by assigning a new account number on the d-day.