Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9514 by buzzman
Tue May 12, 2009 9:42 am
Can you please tell us specifically what the problem was and how Ooma was able to resolve it? This would be helpful for anyone who's planning to port from QWest to Ooma.

So far, all the communication from Ooma has been sparsed, so I have a great doubt in my mind that the porting will go smoothly tomorrow.
#9516 by bc3tech
Tue May 12, 2009 9:59 am
dogdad wrote:Hope for Qwest customers. Porting completed on day 64, today May 12. Most of the delay was not caused by Qwest. Once I found someone at ooma to address the problem directly, the actual process took 13 days. Happy to be done with this.

great news, sorry for your problems though - enjoy!!

if it was Ooma's fault i'd call and get your 60-day premier trial restarted though.
#9519 by bc3tech
Tue May 12, 2009 10:33 am
Well I'm glad I called today to check up on everything.

Ooma says my port request will be done on 5/13.
Qwest reports it'll be complete 5/15 as it takes 2 biz days from time of port request completion for them to process everything

However - despite being told by more than one Qwest representative that the port would just disconnect my local phone, change my DSL "phone number" to a new one, and maintain my same account, it turns out that is not the case. The rep I got today said that how that all works depends on how Ooma requests the port. They can either request just the number be transferred to them (in which case things would happen as above, like i thought) or they can request a complete disconnect. This appears to be what they indeed ask for.

Therefore, today when I called I had to go thru the whole process of re-ordering my internet and getting it "reconnected" - luckily it looks like they'll be able to do this on the same day that everything switches over. Chances are if I'd have called a day later, no dice.
For my bundling this means that my DTV and Verizon will be unbundled, i'll get a paper bill for one month, then i'll have to re-bundle them to my new Qwest account.

Kind of a pain in the ass but if it all works out like it should *crosses fingers* then shouldn't end up being TOO bad.
#9521 by buzzman
Tue May 12, 2009 11:43 am
Thanks for the valuable info. I just called Qwest and for the first time a Qwest CSR confirmed the porting date (tomorrow) and said that everything's been lined up (i.e. landline disconnect and re-assign a new account number on DSL). The CSR said to call them back immediately if my DSL gets disconnected.
#9522 by bc3tech
Tue May 12, 2009 12:02 pm
buzzman wrote:Thanks for the valuable info. I just called Qwest and for the first time a Qwest CSR confirmed the porting date (tomorrow) and said that everything's been lined up (i.e. landline disconnect and re-assign a new account number on DSL). The CSR said to call them back immediately if my DSL gets disconnected.

you may want to confirm everything cuz what i just went thru was a complete new account setup due to the way ooma requests porting. she told me if i hadn't gone thru that my DSL would indeed have been dropped completely. and then it'd have taken 2-5 biz days to get new stuff connected.
#9577 by buzzman
Wed May 13, 2009 8:57 am
It's noon now and I can still call my landline. I called Ooma and the CSR still insisted that the porting will be done today.

Update: I called Qwest and the CSR still said that she couldn't locate the porting request. I called Ooma again and this time around, the CSR seems to be more knowledgable and told me that a "due date" is different than an exact porting date, which is news to me. She added that Ooma will need to contact QWest again to get an exact date. And the suspense/mystery continues and I'm getting tired of all this!
#9586 by bc3tech
Wed May 13, 2009 10:16 am
buzzman wrote:It's noon now and I can still call my landline. I called Ooma and the CSR still insisted that the porting will be done today.

Update: I called Qwest and the CSR still said that she couldn't locate the porting request. I called Ooma again and this time around, the CSR seems to be more knowledgable and told me that a "due date" is different than an exact porting date, which is news to me. She added that Ooma will need to contact QWest again to get an exact date. And the suspense/mystery continues and I'm getting tired of all this!
REALLY think u should get ooma to front you a month or two of premier service.