Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9469 by bc3tech
Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 am
buzzman wrote:
bc3tech wrote:two more days for me!!!! *giddy*

Same here (5/13 is the "due" porting date), though the novelty has worn off a bit.

yeah - i almost want to call and see if they'll "reimburse" me my premier service (give me the days back) since it takes so long... anybody ever tried that?
#9492 by dogdad
Mon May 11, 2009 6:34 pm
I'm not jealous . . . well maybe a little, but certainly disgusted. All I have to show after 63 days is a home phone number (Qwest, Minneapolis) that points nowhere. My porting date was to be today, May 11.
#9500 by buzzman
Tue May 12, 2009 4:25 am
So far, we have 3 people who are supposed to be ported this week from Qwest Minneapolis to Ooma.

In my case, I got an email from Saiyad saying that the port will be "due" sometimes this week, and a separate email will be sent telling me the exact date. I never got that email and when I called Ooma, the CS insisted the porting will be done on 5/13. I called Qwest and they said they couldn't see anything on their end. So I'm hoping for the best here.
#9503 by bc3tech
Tue May 12, 2009 4:36 am
dogdad wrote:I'm not jealous . . . well maybe a little, but certainly disgusted. All I have to show after 63 days is a home phone number (Qwest, Minneapolis) that points nowhere. My porting date was to be today, May 11.

63 days?! i'd be on the horn to ooma to have them re-submit the request and also to Qwest to find out wtf happened!
#9504 by buzzman
Tue May 12, 2009 4:59 am
It sounds like something went wrong on the porting itself since his Qwest landline was disconnected but the number didn't get ported.

Please keep us posted on what transpires.

bc3tech wrote:
dogdad wrote:I'm not jealous . . . well maybe a little, but certainly disgusted. All I have to show after 63 days is a home phone number (Qwest, Minneapolis) that points nowhere. My porting date was to be today, May 11.

63 days?! i'd be on the horn to ooma to have them re-submit the request and also to Qwest to find out wtf happened!
#9513 by dogdad
Tue May 12, 2009 9:36 am
buzzman wrote:It sounds like something went wrong on the porting itself since his Qwest landline was disconnected but the number didn't get ported.

Please keep us posted on what transpires.

bc3tech wrote:

Hope for Qwest customers. Porting completed on day 64, today May 12. Most of the delay was not caused by Qwest. Once I found someone at ooma to address the problem directly, the actual process took 13 days. Happy to be done with this.