Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9183 by buzzman
Wed May 06, 2009 6:05 am
Mine says that my porting date is "due" on the week of 5/13, and I will get another email telling me the exact date. So technically, I don't have an exact date yet. Does everyone have an exact date yet?

Again, I called Qwest and looked online (scheduled orders), and found no evidence that the porting will be done on that week/date.
#9185 by bc3tech
Wed May 06, 2009 6:16 am
buzzman wrote:Mine says that my porting date is "due" on the week of 5/13, and I will get another email telling me the exact date. So technically, I don't have an exact date yet. Does everyone have an exact date yet?

Again, I called Qwest and looked online (scheduled orders), and found no evidence that the porting will be done on that week/date.

i don't think that the online "scheduled orders" thru qwest would show a port AWAY request - perhaps just port TOs. I'm going to be calling them today sometime to see if they have a request in-hand yet or not.
#9189 by bc3tech
Wed May 06, 2009 7:20 am
well i just got off the phone w/ Qwest. they confirmed they have the request for porting, but the rep there told me the Date they show for it all being complete is the 15th - which is not what Ooma has estimated at all! *confused*

Oh well, we'll see I guess!
#9196 by bc3tech
Wed May 06, 2009 9:54 am
buzzman wrote:Just got off the phone with Qwest, they still couldn't locate the porting request. Things are not looking good here. :(

may be helpful to note that my rep said the request shows up as a "disconnect request" and not anything particularly flagged as "porting" from what she read to me anyway. maybe you got a newbie-rep?
#9213 by buzzman
Wed May 06, 2009 2:43 pm
Actually, according to one Qwest CSR, mine should be an "order" since they need to assign me a new account number to my DSL once my landline gets disconnected.

I sent an email to the Provisioning department at Ooma but got no reply. :(
#9227 by bc3tech
Wed May 06, 2009 7:26 pm
buzzman wrote:Actually, according to one Qwest CSR, mine should be an "order" since they need to assign me a new account number to my DSL once my landline gets disconnected.

I sent an email to the Provisioning department at Ooma but got no reply. :(

lol - mine have addressed the "new data-only line number" issue but mentioned nothing of the port request being an "order" because of this! seems we're stuck in CSR-hell :)
hopefully you can get some straight answers though!
#9237 by buzzman
Thu May 07, 2009 5:03 am
A "new data-only line number" issue?

When I talked to Qwest about separating my DSL from landline prior to porting, they said a technician has to come in and separate the line physically; the cost $100! So I naturally declined.

They claimed that a new account number will be assigned automatically once the landline is disconnected.

Are you telling me that they were able to "separate" your DSL and landline prior to the porting?
#9238 by bc3tech
Thu May 07, 2009 5:13 am
buzzman wrote:A "new data-only line number" issue?

When I talked to Qwest about separating my DSL from landline prior to porting, they said a technician has to come in and separate the line physically; the cost $100! So I naturally declined.

They claimed that a new account number will be assigned automatically once the landline is disconnected.

Are you telling me that they were able to "separate" your DSL and landline prior to the porting?

haha they tried to tell me the same thing - then i got to somebody who knew what they were talking about. When you request a port of a land line that's tied to DSL, they AUTOMATICALLY separate them when the port request is processed. there is NOTHING needed to be done physically!

more than one rep i've spoken w/ said the way you mentioned (and i was first told) USED to be how they did it, but since then they've gotten smart.
When your port comes thru, land line service drops off, your DSL is given a new "data number", and everything flips badabing.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests