Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9119 by daet
Tue May 05, 2009 10:53 am
We purchased our Ooma on 4/11/09 - I thought we ordered our Vonage number to be ported on that day, but we never heard from Customer Service, so I could be mistaken about that.

Anyway, on 4/26, we requested our number to be ported, and received the LOA that night. We returned it the next morning by fax. On 4/28, we received an email (from Saiyad) stating the LOA had been received, and to expect the port to occur within 3 - 5 weeks. Yesterday I got an email (from Jennifer) indicating that our number would be ported today (5/5/09), and about an hour ago it was.

Based on experiences posted here, I made sure that all special features on our (call forwarding etc.) Vonage account were turned off (so, thanks to all the folks who recommended doing that).

I've seen several posts here about porting mishaps and horror stories, so I wanted to add one about a port that was smooth and took just 8 days (6 working days).

A big thank you to Saiyad, Jennifer and everyone in Ooma Customer Service!

DG
#9120 by bc3tech
Tue May 05, 2009 11:00 am
wow that is pretty impressive.

I, on the other hand, got the e-mail from Saiyid saying 5/12, then another e-mail from Jennifer saying 5/13 :(
I activated my system on 4/24
#9127 by WoodyR
Tue May 05, 2009 12:34 pm
Mine was really fast too. Requested the day I activated Ooma and the turn around time till porting completion was amazingly less than 2 weeks (exactly 10 business days). I did everything online (no fax, etc.)
#9138 by buzzman
Tue May 05, 2009 3:30 pm
You guys are making me jealous. I sent my OLA and monthly statement on 4/1 via email. I received an email from Saiyad about a week ago saying that the "due date" will be in the week of 5/13 (next week).

I called Qwest couple of days ago and the CSR said they couldn't even locate a porting request. Then I called Ooma and CSR insisted that the porting date will be 5/13.

I'm hoping for the best here. :)
#9139 by t4feb
Tue May 05, 2009 3:38 pm
Well I'm happy for all the porting success because mine has been a nightmare I started the 1st of Feb and still don't it ported, but the good news is i did get the email that said it would be final on the 11th of this month. So all in all it all good.
#9151 by bc3tech
Tue May 05, 2009 5:25 pm
buzzman wrote:You guys are making me jealous. I sent my OLA and monthly statement on 4/1 via email. I received an email from Saiyad about a week ago saying that the "due date" will be in the week of 5/13 (next week).

I called Qwest couple of days ago and the CSR said they couldn't even locate a porting request. Then I called Ooma and CSR insisted that the porting date will be 5/13.

I'm hoping for the best here. :)

must be qwest, homie - i'm with them as well and have a long wait :(
#9177 by bc3tech
Wed May 06, 2009 5:02 am
buzzman wrote:bc3tech, when is your porting date? Have you verified with Qwest that they have accepted the porting request?

like i said i was told by Ooma first 5/12, then an e-mail the next day for 5/13. I'm going to call Qwest today to see about the request
#9182 by bc3tech
Wed May 06, 2009 5:52 am
koehn wrote:I recently ported a relative from qwest and it took about three weeks. Your mileage may vary.

yeah i mean 4/24 -> 5/12 is 3 weeks so i'm not saying that i feel shafted or anything. just surprised & jealous people are getting ports in under or near ONE week!

daet - who did your port your number from??