Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#105131 by brucemcf
Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:04 pm
For users with limited manual dexterity, the handset controls can be a challenge.
Voice dialing (as implemented on many mobile phones) allows initiating calls by either saying a name in the contacts list and/or number dialing (speaking the numbers to be dialed).

Hundreds have viewed this post. Any chance it could happen in the foreseeable future?
#124303 by TheOldGrouch
Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:26 am
Given the exorbitant price of the HD2 handset, it should be an included feature, as should be built in wifi and bluetooth.
#128007 by Akili
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 pm
I know this is an old post, but I found this while searching for voice dialing and there don't appear to be any answers.

I have a positively -ancient- Radio Shack DuoFone 600 that I'm currently using with my Ooma, and I love it because of the voice dialing feature. Unfortunately, it does not have Caller ID support. I've been struggling and failing to find a suitable replacement.

Siemens made a decent-looking cordless one, the Gigaset 4215, but it's discontinued and it's not easy to find.

All the other similarly-equipped I've found are made for personal assistance, and are priced to match - usually at $200 and up, which is a bit more than I want to spend on the feature.

Is there any possibility this could be implemented on the Ooma system, or on one of their handsets? It really is a handy feature.

If anyone has any other personal recommendations for phones with voice-command dialing and caller ID that are currently on the market, I'd greatly appreciate that too!
#128009 by oomamaniacal
Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:47 pm
Akili wrote:I know this is an old post, but I found this while searching for voice dialing and there don't appear to be any answers.

I have a positively -ancient- Radio Shack DuoFone 600 that I'm currently using with my Ooma, and I love it because of the voice dialing feature. Unfortunately, it does not have Caller ID support. I've been struggling and failing to find a suitable replacement.

Siemens made a decent-looking cordless one, the Gigaset 4215, but it's discontinued and it's not easy to find.

All the other similarly-equipped I've found are made for personal assistance, and are priced to match - usually at $200 and up, which is a bit more than I want to spend on the feature.

Is there any possibility this could be implemented on the Ooma system, or on one of their handsets? It really is a handy feature.

If anyone has any other personal recommendations for phones with voice-command dialing and caller ID that are currently on the market, I'd greatly appreciate that too!

Agree that the feature should be added to stay current.

But, If you just need to add Caller ID, then get a Caller ID box. I bought one for a legacy phone.

This one includes call-waiting caller ID and a voice mail indicator: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037SRV5E/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
#128021 by phoenixtommy
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:48 am
If voice dialing worked as well as it should, it would be a wonderful feature. It doesn't with my limited experience.

I have little faith in an Ooma handset with this feature. The HD2 is difficult enough to use compared to other cordless phones Ooma should make the speed dial easy first and the navigation button easy to use without using my fingernail.
#132750 by oomamaniacal
Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:21 pm
phoenixtommy wrote:If voice dialing worked as well as it should, it would be a wonderful feature. It doesn't with my limited experience.

I have little faith in an Ooma handset with this feature. The HD2 is difficult enough to use compared to other cordless phones Ooma should make the speed dial easy first and the navigation button easy to use without using my fingernail.

With Obihai, you can now just press * from any handset and say the name of a Google contact.