Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#104747 by chipsm
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:11 am
I like the new HD2 Handsets. I don't like the limit that Ooma has for the number of connected devices.
Right now, the Ooma telo has alimit of 4 connected devices. That is not a realistic number. I am replacing my Panasonic handsets with the new Ooma HD2 handsets. I bought the Linx with the understanding that the Linx would allow me to have more devices to be connected - WRONG. The Linx takes one of the 4 Telo connections.
I have a need for more than 4 handsets and would like to see Ooma increase the number of connections to the Telo.
#104974 by wwest
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:56 pm
I use a panasonic 2-line cordless, connect one line directly to the Ooma telo and the second line to the Ooma wireless repeater. Plus 2 HD2s.

Which begs the question, if I have a second phone number might I be able to have 4 calls active simutaneously?
#104976 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:04 pm
wwest wrote:I use a panasonic 2-line cordless, connect one line directly to the Ooma telo and the second line to the Ooma wireless repeater. Plus 2 HD2s.

Which begs the question, if I have a second phone number might I be able to have 4 calls active simutaneously?

Right now the max lines that an Ooma Telo will support is two.
#104980 by wwest
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:30 pm
thunderbird wrote:
wwest wrote:I use a panasonic 2-line cordless, connect one line directly to the Ooma telo and the second line to the Ooma wireless repeater. Plus 2 HD2s.

Right now the max lines that an Ooma Telo will support is two.

Have you confirmed that? 2 "actual" phone numbers should result in at least one "phantom" line. If not 2, one for each outcall line.
#104981 by murphy
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:32 pm
There are only two pipes between the Telo and the server.
That's the 1 and 2 keys on the Telo.
Maximum of two simultaneous calls.
#104982 by wwest
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:36 pm
murphy wrote:There are only two pipes between the Telo and the server.
That's the 1 and 2 keys on the Telo.
Maximum of two simultaneous calls.

Then 2 telos in series...?
#104983 by murphy
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:53 pm
wwest wrote:Then 2 telos in series...?

That will work but it requires changing the DHCP IP subnet in one of them.
It's easier to just connect them to separate router ports.