Ooma mobile app does not work

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
mibsphil

Ooma mobile app does not work

Post by mibsphil » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:59 am

I installed the mobile app on my iPad and it does not work at all. Tried calling a friend and got nothing but loud noise. Called his cell phone and got the same result. Tried calling my work phone (I was sitting right there at my desk) and the call did not even go through. I was connected to our company's WiFi, but the app would not connect. Basically a failure on all counts. I'm going to try and get my money back from iTunes.

thunderbird

Re: Ooma mobile app does not work

Post by thunderbird » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:23 am

mibsphil wrote:I installed the mobile app on my iPad and it does not work at all. Tried calling a friend and got nothing but loud noise. Called his cell phone and got the same result. Tried calling my work phone (I was sitting right there at my desk) and the call did not even go through. I was connected to our company's WiFi, but the app would not connect. Basically a failure on all counts. I'm going to try and get my money back from iTunes.
Maybe your should contact Ooma Customer Support first:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 pm

mibsphil, company wifi is a bad test since most often, they have all kinds of firewalls enabled. Try other wifi source such as hotel lobby, coffee house etc.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

jduffy

Post by jduffy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:07 pm

It works great for me. I can only assume that people's network connection is bad.