Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#104055 by VulcanBiker
Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 am
I would like to see an Anonymous Call Block - Bypass Code on my.ooma.com. You would enter a 4 digit code that you can either use or give out to known callers that are not able to use *82 on a phone system.

Currently I can't use Anonymous Call Block option because when I dial my Ooma # from work it shows up as Anonymous and *82 is not an option on my company's phone system.
#104065 by lbmofo
Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 am
For now, a workaround for you to be able to use anonymous call block and be able to call home from work would be to use Google Voice to call home. Sign up to Google Voice, call your Google Voice number from work and then dial into home; Google Voice would transmit your Google Voice number when calling.

viewtopic.php?t=13383#p93077
#104114 by murphy
Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 pm
I can't think of any way you could dial an access code prior to calling your blocked home number.
It can't be dialed before the phone number cause the dialing phone company wouldn't know what to do with it.
It can't be dialed while the phone is ringing because there are no active touchtone receivers on the line while it is ringing.
After the call is connected it is too late.

Log into your my.ooma account 5 minutes before you place the call and turn off anonymous call block.
Turn it back on when the call is done.

The Google number solution is less hassle.
#104120 by lbmofo
Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 pm
murphy wrote:After the call is connected it is too late.

I think the OP is requesting Ooma to allow by-pass code when blocked message is played & put the call through if right code is entered for that account.
#104202 by VulcanBiker
Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:13 am
Yes. For example, I call home and get the anonymous call block message. While the message was playing you would hit * or # and then hit a 4 digit code to force Ooma to ring on the Telo device. This would be private feature that wasn't offered in the anonymous call block message.