Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#103963 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:43 pm
When it was in the list, was mobile also included? 23 cents you are talking about is mobile. Landline is 7 cents (before FUSF which ranges from 15% to 18%; there is a 3.9 cents per call connection charge if not enrolled in a plan).
#103972 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:58 pm
Kheiron2711 wrote:Yeah, I was talking about calls to cellphones.

You must have seen South Africa included in the international plans; I am wondering if it was just landline or cellphone as well?
#103975 by Kheiron2711
Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:51 pm
lbmofo wrote:
Kheiron2711 wrote:Yeah, I was talking about calls to cellphones.

You must have seen South Africa included in the international plans; I am wondering if it was just landline or cellphone as well?
Oh, I'm not sure.
I just know it was part of the original list of 70 countries that were included in the 500/1000 bundles. Now that they've dropped the list to 61, it's not there anymore.
I figured that being part of that list included premium rates to both?
#104021 by lbmofo
Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:36 am
There is only standard rate if not included in plan. Ooma used to have something called "bulk rate" but they've gone away from that.

So, now, you can pull up any country you want to see the rates for.

If the country is included in the plan, under "1000 or 500 Minute Plan," it would say "Included in Plan."

If it says, "N/A," then, the "Standard Rate" would apply.

Maybe you mean "not reduced rate" because they seem to be expensive when "N/A?" This is kind of understandable because maybe that's why they are N/A and not included in the plans.
#104030 by lbmofo
Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:00 am
I see what you are saying now. I did not know or forgot that there could be reduced rates if in a plan. Thought it was either included or N/A.

I did a quick scan.

Here are the countries in which you could get reduced rates if in an international plan saving folks some more $.

Algeria
Austria
Bangladesh
Egypt
France
Germany
Italy
Japan
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Malaysia
Saudi Arabia
South Korea
Sweden
Syrian Arab Republic
United Arab Emirates

However, some are not among the 61 countries though: Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic, United Arab Emirates.