Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#108528 by mnem3844
Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:48 am
There should be a way to sort blacklist entries so that a duplicate entry can either be merged or removed. I already have 202 blacklist items, and am a month short of using up all 256 entries. I know that when I began using the personal blacklist, I entered a lot of them with a beginning "1". Further, the blacklist wasn't working, probably because I did not assign a call type. Now, with all of the entries that I have, I would like to be able to sort the numbers in numeric order to check for duplicates. Any idea if this can be done?
#108534 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:27 am
mnem3844, before Ooma implements blacklist sorting and better edit management functions, you'd have to do some workarounds to clean up your blacklist.

While in blacklist, do "View all" so you can see all your entries. Copy the whole blacklist and paste into Excel, do a sort in Excel and then hunt for entry to do edit/delete 1 by 1. After every edit/delete, you'd need to "View all" again so you can search for your next entry to modify/delete. PS: with IE9, I had to start selecting my blacklist from the bottom; selecting from top of the list did not work for me (did not scroll for me to be able to select the whole list).

Here is wha'ts requested so far (related to blacklist): /viewtopic.php?t=15556

Here is what I did to go down from 247 entries to 111 (and I was some what conservative): /viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14774&start=20#p108473
#110620 by mnem3844
Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:50 am
I already knew I could export to Excel and do a sort 1 to 9 (or 9 to 1). I then set up 9 collums and copied and pasted each 1,2 3, etc., so that I could determine which I could do simple wild cards (specific area codes), went for 3 digit for unwanted area codes XXX*, 4 digit, 5 digit, etc. While this is a workaround solution, it's a pain in the butt. You have to keep updating both the blacklist and the Excel spreadsheet every time you want to add another number to your blacklist. Fortunately, I have a Panasonic Dect 6.0 with it's own call blocking program (30 numbers total), so I can at least check the Excel sheet when I add a block on my phone. It's a dual threat blocker. My blacklist sends a "number disconnected" message.

We still need the ability to sort by number.