Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#103473 by focuspuller
Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:38 pm
I was not having and problems sending with or without the *99,*98 or *96 prefix or receiving faxes until Version: 63430.

I now can not receive any faxes.

Sending is fine.

I only use this line for FAXES....My voice lines are on another OOMA Device

Does anyone know what changed or where to set something?

Thanks in advance
#103483 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:44 pm
I did some testing with my fax, testing with the HP test fax number 1-888-473-2963.

One time, the first time, I was able to fax out without using the *96 prefix. After that first time, I had to dial using the *96 prefix to have a successful fax sent.

All of the Faxes that were sent were returned by the HP test fax system.

The first time a return fax called in, our HP fax machine picked up after the second ring. But Ooma didn't seem to understand this and kept right on ringing. The fax started printing and our Standard Ooma Telo continued to ring. Finally it stopped ringing by itself. After that when an inbound fax came in, and the HP fax picked up after the second ring, Ooma also stopped ringing.

Every time a fax was successfully sent, a return fax successfully was returned, using the HP test Fax system.

focuspuller: Maybe you should reboot your Modem and then see if the HP fax test number 1-888-473-2963 will work for you.
#103484 by focuspuller
Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:34 pm
thunderbird wrote:focuspuller: Maybe you should reboot your Modem and then see if the HP fax test number 1-888-473-2963 will work for you.

Thanks...pulled the plug on the TELO and rebooted the MODEM then the TELO..

Send worked fine without any prefix to the HP fax back number.

Still no receive.

The TELO shows ringing until the fax picks up then steady orange lite on line 1.

Never had this problem before the version update.