Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#104130 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:35 pm
Have you tried these at http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs ... index.html ?

Cannot Send or Receive Faxes
If you cannot send or receive faxes, try these solutions:

•Make sure the recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
•Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
•Make sure Auto Answer mode is turned on to receive faxes automatically. Check your product control panel to see if this mode is turned on.
•Check that the cable connecting your telephone wall jack to your product's LINE port is secure.
•Print a fax connection report using your product control panel or fax software to help diagnose the problem.
•Verify that the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it and testing it.
•If you connected your product to a DSL phone line, you must connect a DSL filter to the phone jack to enable faxing over the line. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
•If your telephone line has static, turn off your product's V.34 and ECM (Error Correction Mode) fax communication settings and try faxing again.
Note: If your product is connected to a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone line, keep in mind that fax machines are designed to work over analog phone lines. Epson cannot guarantee that fax transmission will work when using VoIP.
If your phone line includes voice mail answering services, calls or faxes may be inadvertently received by your voice mail service.
#104276 by Ricker
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:51 pm
I'm so frustrated right now.

I hooked up the Linx about a week or so ago. With the first try, I successfully sent one page test fax to my parents.
So, tonight I attempted to send a TWO page fax to the same number. No luck. Two failed communication errors in a row. On the third attempt, I tried *99 and the number, still with no luck. Doesn't make sense.

My fax machine is an Epson Artisan 800 Multi Fxn.

My Linx is plugged into a wall socket about 3ft from the Telo. The phone line is connected from the Linx to the Fax machine.

Any suggestions?
#104278 by EX Bell
Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:55 pm
Try connecting directly to the Telo. Can you send multi-page faxes now?
I really tried every combination I could think of, but had failures each time with the Linx adapter when trying to send a multi-page facsimile. For me, multi-page faxes send consistently, without errors when my Epson Workforce 845 is connected directly to the Telo.
#104281 by murphy
Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:56 am
Did you put the Linx in fax mode in your my.ooma account?
#104286 by EX Bell
Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 am
murphy wrote:Did you put the Linx in fax mode in your my.ooma account?

Hi Murphy,
My apologies if you're addressing Ricker. In my case, yes I did try Fax Mode with the Linx adapter.

"Received the Linx adapter today. I like it a lot as an adapter to access instant second line and it works great with private accounts and distinctive ring, but unfortunately it's not a solution for faxing with my Epson Workforce 845. Maybe another fax machine would work better, but in multiple tests, facsimiles failed with the Linx adapter only 15ft and one wall thickness (lathe and plaster) away. Fails in "Fax machine" mode, fails in "Phone" mode, fails in "Phone" mode with a *99 prefix and *98 doesn't seem to work at all with the Linx adapter (gives a busy signal before the fax number is finished dialing). Just too much noise on a Linx connection for my nit-picky fax machine I guess. Disappointing since I was hoping my clients would have a trouble-free solution for their fax machines, but it looks like direct connection to the Telo may be required, depending on the fax machine. I'll have to run tests and decide on a case by case bases what will work."
#104290 by Ricker
Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:44 am
Ok, I just found out that my faxes have gone through, BUT my Epson Artisan 800 indicates that the Communication has failed. Error Code: 0503. Very strange to me that the faxes would go through, but the fax machine would indicate otherwise.

The faxes are going through with my preferences set up as the following on MyOOMA:
TELO: Phone or Fax Machine
LINX: Fax Machine
#104341 by EX Bell
Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:06 pm
Ricker wrote:Ok, I just found out that my faxes have gone through, BUT my Epson Artisan 800 indicates that the Communication has failed. Error Code: 0503. Very strange to me that the faxes would go through, but the fax machine would indicate otherwise.

The faxes are going through with my preferences set up as the following on MyOOMA:
TELO: Phone or Fax Machine
LINX: Fax Machine

Interesting. My Epson Workforce 845 indicates failure with the Linx in "Fax Mode" and Faxtoy.net actually shows a failed fax (just a bunch of lines). So it sounds like Epson's are really inconsistent with the way they fax.
#104351 by Ricker
Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:42 pm
Ok, so here's the deal. I unplugged my Linx from the wall outlet, and disconnected it from the printer/fax/copier.

I tried faxing a document without the Linx and it worked just fine. No errors or communication failures.

So, with that in mind, i'm returning the Linx to OOMA.
#104356 by EX Bell
Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:08 pm
Ricker wrote:Ok, so here's the deal. I unplugged my Linx from the wall outlet, and disconnected it from the printer/fax/copier.

I tried faxing a document without the Linx and it worked just fine. No errors or communication failures.

So, with that in mind, i'm returning the Linx to OOMA.

If you just bought it for use with your faxed, then I could see why you would return it. However, it does give you access to instant second line or allows you to separate a second number on a private account, and for those two functions, it does work very well.
#104445 by Ricker
Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:20 am
I'm getting close to returning the LINX. I got the OK from OOMA.

"I just purchased a brand new Brother MFC-J435w all-in-one from Best Buy. It supposedly has a much slower baud rate than my current Epson Artisan 800. I look forward to giving it a try.