Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8881 by whn
Sat May 02, 2009 6:23 am
after people leave a voicemail, you add

THANK YOU FOR CALLING THE OOMA BROADBAND SERVICE

please remove this.

You are letting telemarketers know what we have.

also,

Its a paid service, I dont want OOMA advertising on my phone line.

I love OOMA but its rather unprofessional for you guys to add this after someone leaves us a message.
Last edited by whn on Sun May 03, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#8954 by whn
Sun May 03, 2009 12:43 am
can you guys make this optional at least?

I dont want people to know what phone system I have at home after they leave a message regardless if its only when they press # after their message.
#8959 by runagun
Sun May 03, 2009 2:47 am
Wow, the saying is true give an inch people want a mile. Let me guess that u don't complain to ur cell phone provider about them doing the same thing. You wanna know Y yall don't complain to them(Vzw,Att) cause they don't give a rat's a$$ about U not liking there name in the voicemail.

I know Ooma cares so with that I don't agree with yall that want to remove Ooma's name from the voicemail. I'm proud to have It known that Ooma is my provider.
#8961 by whn
Sun May 03, 2009 3:20 am
im proud too but you are also telling the telemarketers what you have in a way. then they get OOMA, find out how it works , they realize all they have to do is use internet dialing methods with caller id's of 775 or 123 or 000 to bypass your blocked call list.

but in addition

My previous cell phone provider NEVER added a line like that, not even at the end.

neither did my ATT home service, neither does say Panasonic when you buy an answering machine,

"Thanks for calling and leaving a message on Jim's New Panasonic Answering Machine he bought from Best Buy..." they just dont.

Its rude to ask that advertising be removed????, when I'm paying for a service?

If OOMA wants to give me Premier for free, then they can add a whole 30 second ad if they want, but then again I would just stayed with ATT if thats the case.

I just dont want ads in any call, just leave a message , hang up, period.

In addition, I ported a cell phone over and the vast amount of people are now confused whether this is a cell phone or a landline (which it now is), you see I need this to stay as a "cell number" and not a landline. With the little OOMA message at the end, my number no longer can continue to mask as a cell phone number and its important to me. All ruined because of the little ad at the end.

All Im asking is that it become optional , what harm is that when Im paying for a service.?
#8981 by Neubiee
Sun May 03, 2009 9:54 am
Doesn't bother me. I don't think it is much of an advertisement either.

The way I look at it is like Apple etching "Apple logo" on their ipods or any company stamping their brand name on their product.

CallWave has a similar message too:

"The person you are calling is using CallWave, please leave a message" ..

Also,

When you try to call a Nextel customer it is customary for them to play
"Please Hold While The *NEXTEL* subscriber you are trying to reach is located"

Also, like someone pointed out one would hear it only if the person decides to stay on the phone after leaving a message.
#8983 by WayneDsr
Sun May 03, 2009 10:28 am
Same here. Like Neubiee said, it seems like cell phones advertise and no one thinks much of it.
I don't mind the ooma reference, it may help spread the word. I doubt, however that very many people ever hit the # sign, instead just hang up. I know I never bother to hit # signs.

Should ooma make it an option? I guess, but there are way more important things for ooma to do before working on this.

Wayne
#8986 by Pandora
Sun May 03, 2009 10:35 am
I agree, there is a problem with malformed callerid's getting past Ooma's callerid block list. This is something Ooma must resolve in the future.

If the Ooma message system bothers you, until Ooma resolves it to your satisfaction, why don't you just disable it and use your own answering machine?