Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#103044 by alanmalk
Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:33 pm
Since Ooma appears to be ignoring our pleas for whitelisting or enhanced blacklists, can folks post names of phone companies or suppliers with the goods we need to seriously block the scammers and telemarketers that we are desperately trying to avoid? I'm willing to pay for good service - like a firewall on my phone. Anyone?
#103045 by lbmofo
Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:37 pm
Here is what I am aware of. No one has anything close to what Ooma already has. You can get all you want if you have Google Voice manage/redirect your calls. Outside of that, you'd need to get a hardware unit to do what you want. When Ooma comes up with the enhancements asked for, Ooma will be on top of everyone if not already.
#103091 by sberube
Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:47 am
I am also not aware of anyone that has anything close to what Ooma offers. While there is _always_ room for improvement, it is a pretty nice system.

But I do recommend Ooma communicate a bit on upcoming features to avoid frustration that is often stemmed from no communication.
#103242 by almendsr
Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 am
I use a device called "DIGITONE Call Blocker", you connect it inline between the phone source on your home wiring or base unit. It allows wildcards for Excluding and ALLOW lists as well as several other features. I used it to survive the 2012 election in Ohio. I just started using the OOMA device.