Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#103018 by lyfb
Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 pm
does the new HD2 handset support most of the voice mail buttons found on the Ooma Telo?
for example, play, rewind and forward and delete voice messages? (a screen shot will be nice)
And if there is a new voice mail, does it have good visual indication on the handset?(like blinking color etc?)

I plan to put my Ooma Telo into my walking closet(with rest of my router, modem etc), but can't find any handset have the features i mentioned above. Hope HD2 has all of them?
#103024 by lbmofo
Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:06 am
No play, forward, rewind buttons on HD2.
https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... -08-03.pdf

You can do "Phone Based Voicemail Navigation."
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-voicemail

When there is voicemail, the HD2 screen will have text displayed telling you you have message(s) but no blinking light or audible sound. The softkey does give you 1 touch access to voicemail.
#103029 by lyfb
Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 am
thanks for the quick reply. Still have few more questions ....

When you said softkey give us 1 touch access to voice mail, do you mean, 1 touch it play the voice message or it just simply go into voice mail menu and we still have to navigate the options by pressing different keypad next?

Anyone has some alternatives suggestion for a good handset for ooma?
My idea handset will be that:
visual indication when there is new voice mail.
visual indication when there is no dial tone (internet is down)
keypad for play, delete, rewind voice messages or at least good integration with voice system navigation.
#103281 by Tom
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 pm
1 touch access to voice mail v
visual indication when there is new voice mail v
visual indication when there is no dial tone (internet is down) v
keypad for play, delete, rewind voice messages v

The 'new message' notification will be improved in response to many user requests.
Unlike with many other handsets with Ooma any improvements to the handset software
can be pushed to existing customers.
#103877 by wwest
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 pm
I plan to use 2 Linx to "power" both lines of my 2-line cordless phone system, 8 cordless handsets.

We should be able to turn off voice mail but in the meantime if I set my cordless system (Phillips SE 659) up to auto answer after 3-4 rings the Ooma voicemail gets "short-circuited".