Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8844 by cprompt
Fri May 01, 2009 1:15 pm
I would love to see a feature added where I could record several different greetings, and be able to select the one that I want active. I use ooma at my store, and when I need to make a temporary change due to special closings, I have to record that message, and then re-record the standard greeting that I have on the system. If I could have several greetings stored, and select in the ooma lounge which one should be active, that would be fabulous.
#8876 by oomg
Sat May 02, 2009 5:15 am
cprompt wrote:I would love to see a feature added where I could record several different greetings, and be able to select the one that I want active. I use ooma at my store, and when I need to make a temporary change due to special closings, I have to record that message, and then re-record the standard greeting that I have on the system. If I could have several greetings stored, and select in the ooma lounge which one should be active, that would be fabulous.

That sounds like a good idea, particularly for a business that is closed on a holiday. I have also seen some systems that allow for the automatic selection of outgoing message A, B, C, etc. depending on the day and/or time of day. For example, after 5:00 p.m. the caller would hear a message saying something like "Thank you for calling, but we have closed for the day. Please call again between the hours of..., or leave a message and we will return your call."

These options would be valuable to most small business operators.
#10827 by sunrisepostal
Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:35 pm
this is best future i want for my business.
i also like have to setup do not disturb like 7:00 pm to 8:00 am with different voice mail massage.

Thanks,
Jack
#10842 by sokha
Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:23 pm
yeah, i need this too.
in fact, i emailed Ooma customer service yesterday about this feature.
haven't gotten the response from them yet.

although, my current phone system can handle this.
but, i love to see it with Ooma with auto scheduling.

like prev post mentioned....
A) biz hour greeting
B) after biz hour greeting
C) holiday greeting
D) vacation greeting