Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8832 by southsound
Fri May 01, 2009 11:29 am
Right now, it does nothing. I asked Bobby B about using it for memory expansion - possibly for recording calls - and he told me that it would not be in this hardware version. I tried using it to charge my iPod Touch (I know, it seems silly but I had to find out) and it would not. I can only assume that it will continue to do nothing but cause conversation.
#8867 by southsound
Fri May 01, 2009 7:05 pm
lohertz,

This is a guy thing. Are you up to the challange? I remember when I was younger I would wait patiently for 10 or 15 minutes before sucumbing to the urge to disassemble new products so I could find out how they work. Now that I am older and have destroyed a lot of things because of my curiosity, I sometimes take a day or two to do the same. My advice, crack the case. What might you find? All of us want to know but most of us don't have the courage. Do it for us and if it breaks your ooma, I'll be the first to send you $5.00 towards buying a new one.

Let's all do the chant: lohertz, you're the man! lohertz, you're the man! lohertz, you're the man! lohertz, you're the man! lohertz, you're the man!

By the way, I'm serious about the $5.00 if you break your hub. Oh - the offer is conditioned on a full report. :)
#8873 by oompa
Sat May 02, 2009 3:03 am
southsound wrote:Right now, it does nothing. I asked Bobby B about using it for memory expansion - possibly for recording calls - and he told me that it would not be in this hardware version. I tried using it to charge my iPod Touch (I know, it seems silly but I had to find out) and it would not. I can only assume that it will continue to do nothing but cause conversation.

Oh, I would love that to be a memory expansion for recording. I love the voices of my 3 kids when they call me at work. I would like to record and archive them. 8 gigs of flash drive is now around 15 bucks.

By the way, Southsound, charging your ipod is very creative. Who knows if it works (at least now we know it does not :) ).

Meantime that port seems like staring at me, taunting me saying "Look at me, I am here. What are you gonna do?". Like the question why people climb mountains? The answer? - Because it is there.