Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#102699 by jh_austin
Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:25 pm
There really needs to be some way to limit the contacts on the private account that uses the second phone number. I feel either the contacts should be completely separate between the main and private account, or there should be some way to specify which contact groups are available for each account.

Also, it seems like there should be some integration of the contact groups in the HD2 handset. It is possible to create the contact groups in the my.ooma web page, but there is no way using the handset to drill down in the contact groups or to specify which contact groups are used by the phone. It seems like there is currently nothing useful about associating contacts with a contact group. Could I be missing something, or is something in the works related to contact groups?
#102706 by jh_austin
Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:06 pm
After exploring the handset further, I was able to add some favorite numbers to the handset associated with the private account and luckily those weren't shared with the other phone. It looks like you can hit the '#' number to go directly to the favorite numbers so that is really convenient.
#108204 by bh626
Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 am
I totally agree with this. It would be great if Ooma allowed contacts to be setup by account so that a second line would have access to specific contacts and not others. For example, I may not want my kids accidently calling contacts on my main line or have them accidently delete a contact.

I could see this happening by applying contacts to a specific group (which you can do now) and assigning the group to the specific line. So I would create WorkContacts and HomeContacts and assign either group, or both, to a line/account. As far as I know this cannot be done currently. Further if I log into AccountA and delete a contact, it is also deleted from the contacts list in AccountB
#108207 by dsinternet
Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:29 am
bh626 wrote: For example, I may not want my kids accidently calling contacts on my main line or have them accidently delete a contact.
I could see this happening by applying contacts to a specific group (which you can do now) and assigning the group to the specific line.

I like your idea. My kids are age 9 and 6. They do not have their own phone line yet, but I am planning on my kids having their own line and voice mail. As far as contacts, I don't want to see all my kids contacts when I am trying to call someone on my contact list.