Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8808 by Leeway
Fri May 01, 2009 5:38 am
There needs to be more availability in the signup form and also for the E911 information.

For example: Where I live we need to use two coordinates for the address such as 10926 N Easy St W13 which gives the exact location of your home.

There is no place for me to put the second portion of my coordinates in the form(s). I could only use the North portion. I can't add the West portion.

The same was true for my credit card info (porting charge). I have an actual two line address and there was only one line available. I was worried my cc wouldn't go through but it did.

Thank you
#8838 by Pandora
Fri May 01, 2009 12:22 pm
I hope all addresses give the exact location of our homes. :)

It appears Ooma is using a standard form provided by the E911 folks. If it is what the E911 folks want, then it probably can't be changed by Ooma.

You can learn more at - http://www.nena.org/
#8939 by Leeway
Sat May 02, 2009 9:13 pm
Well, you wanna talk about a contradiction. Here's one. It was the emergency people that originally demanded the dual coordinates in addresses. Fire, police, etc. all said we had to use them.

To top it off, Ooma says that your address must match 'exactly' your billing address of your current phone system in order to port.

Well guess what? Ooma overdid their courtesy on the address page by filling in so much or having only drop down boxes that I really couldn't put my 'exact' address as it shows on my billing. Ooma also says if you do not use your correct billing address it can screw up the porting process and the original service sometimes does not give up your number thinking someone might be trying to take your number.

If that happens, I'm not going to be overjoyed.