Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#102601 by kblgy
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:31 pm
well i decided to get rid of my ooma, i ported over my number to verizon wireless and now i;m thinking,before i cancel service should i sell it ? would make sense.

can i transfer this account to someone else?

and will it save the $70 reactivation fee?

thank you for the help.
#102603 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:41 pm
You can sell it but for someone to reactivate it (or change ownership), there is a $69.99 reactivation fee.

Unless you have a number still active in your account, the account is already deactivated and you can't even give it to your bro/sis/kid to take over the account to go around the reactivation.
Last edited by lbmofo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#102605 by murphy
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 pm
kblgy wrote:well i decided to get rid of my ooma, i ported over my number to verizon wireless and now i;m thinking,before i cancel service should i sell it ? would make sense.

can i transfer this account to someone else?

and will it save the $70 reactivation fee?

thank you for the help.

You can't transfer the account.
If the number has been ported out and it was the only number it has already been deactivated.
The new owner will have to pay the reactivation fee.
#102608 by kblgy
Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:09 pm
no i have 2 numbers so the second line will now be the first line, sorry i should had mentioned that
#102633 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 pm
Since you have a number active in the account, your device is still active.

You have 3 options in my mind.

1) Keep it hooked up to internet and continue using it with basic service. Less than $5 in taxes per month. If all your friends call your ported out number, you may even want to consider porting that currently wireless ported out number to Google Voice so you can have Google Voice manage which phone rings when called; when you are at home, you'd have the convenience of using your home phone vs having your face cheek fried by a cell phone. Also, that way, no one needs to know your Ooma number or wireless number.

2) Give your Ooma to a close family member you can trust, have them take over your my.ooma.com account. Number change or outgoing callerid change cost one time $19.99. Have them update credit card in account to theirs.

3) Call Ooma and cancel your account. Sell it to a stranger. Tell them it costs $79.99 to reactivate used device; they'll have to call Ooma customer service.

What the costs are for different things: https://www.ooma.com/legal/rates