Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#102590 by EGconcerto1
Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:22 pm
We live in a 2 story addition on my parents house. We have the Ooma core with premier service through high speed dsl with att. we have great service and our phone bill is half of what it was before. My mother on the first floor has a seperate service, a landline with att. She would like to get reduce her bill too. I'm not really sure what the best route would be. She would still like to keep her phone # if possible and also would like to have a landline in the case of emergency. Would it be better to drop att and switch to cable, would she be able to keep her phone # ? I've also thought about getting the new Ooma wireless phone from Costco and giving her our core?
#102602 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:35 pm
EGconcerto1 wrote:We live in a 2 story addition on my parents house. We have the Ooma core with premier service through high speed dsl with att. we have great service and our phone bill is half of what it was before. My mother on the first floor has a seperate service, a landline with att. She would like to get reduce her bill too. I'm not really sure what the best route would be. She would still like to keep her phone # if possible and also would like to have a landline in the case of emergency. Would it be better to drop att and switch to cable, would she be able to keep her phone # ? I've also thought about getting the new Ooma wireless phone from Costco and giving her our core?

Just some ideas:
If your mother wants to keep the landline, check into it and see if she can drop all extras like long distance, call waiting, caller Id and etc from the landline, if she just will use the landline just for emergency use.

Then either purchase an Ooma Telo for her and not use Premier two line service. That way she will only pay taxes per month.

Or you can purchase the Ooma Telo for yourself, use the Premier Service, and cut her Ooma Core to single line use, so she can only pay taxes.

In any case the ATT phone number can be ported to the Ooma Telo. The port must be completed before the ATT service is suspended or changed so that the number won't be lost and given to someone else.

Cable is usually better then DSL, but if you are in an area where the DSL service doesn’t give problems, keep the DSL.