Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#101588 by napochan
Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:55 am
Are there any interference issues using the new HD2 with an existing DECT 6.0 system? My current configuration is the ooma Telo connected to a Panasonic DECT 6.0 system supporting 5 remote handsets.

My interest in the HD2 is to access my premier subscription features without having to go to the Telo base.

Thanks...
#101590 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:23 am
napochan wrote:Are there any interference issues using the new HD2 with an existing DECT 6.0 system? My current configuration is the ooma Telo connected to a Panasonic DECT 6.0 system supporting 5 remote handsets.

My interest in the HD2 is to access my premier subscription features without having to go to the Telo base.

Thanks...

I have used both for some time without problem.
#101594 by napochan
Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:48 am
thunderbird wrote:
napochan wrote:Are there any interference issues using the new HD2 with an existing DECT 6.0 system? My current configuration is the ooma Telo connected to a Panasonic DECT 6.0 system supporting 5 remote handsets.

Thanks...

I have used both for some time without problem.

Thanks thunderbird. I guess another option to easily access the premier features is to use the wireless adapter to move the Telo to a more convenient location in the house. Right now it's in the basement in order to be the first connection to the cable modem. The WiFi router is daisy chained to the Telo to provide priority to voice communications in times of high bandwidth.

The question for the wireless adapter is how that priority can be maintained with the Telo as one of a handful of active WiFi connections rather than in the wired priority position?

Cheers...
#101595 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:56 am
napochan:
For a Modem-Router-Ooma connection, (includes Wi-Fi connection):
Usually the router is setup to provide priority for best Quality of Service for VoIP devices, if the router has that function. Most newer better Routers have that function.
#101597 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 am
With routers with QoS functionality, you can give your Telo wireless adapter highest priority by assigned IP (you can reserve a specific IP) or via MAC address of the Telo wireless adapter.
#101605 by napochan
Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:27 am
lbmofo wrote:With routers with QoS functionality, you can give your Telo wireless adapter highest priority by assigned IP (you can reserve a specific IP) or via MAC address of the Telo wireless adapter.

thunderbird wrote:napochan:
For a Modem-Router-Ooma connection, (includes Wi-Fi connection):
Usually the router is setup to provide priority for best Quality of Service for VoIP devices, if the router has that function. Most newer better Routers have that function.

OK, thanks. I just found the QoS setup on my router and it provides a voice device option for a given MAC address.

It's great to have options :)