Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#101443 by kandskritz4
Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:49 am
For two days now I have been unsuccessful in getting my Ooma device installed to the point where I'll have both internet and phone service at the same time. I either have phone service but no internet, or the other way around. I have talked to tech support for both days and even though everything is connected correctly, I still cannot achieve the desired results. The tech support agent kept mentioning that the problem is with our router, but we had a tech agent look at our router, and he says that their is absolutely nothing wrong with the router (plus it's only 3 years old). This is extremely frustrating and we are frankly very surprised that an Ooma agent hasn't called us back to see if we were successful at all, or if they could offer us further assistance. The attitude was generally "Oh well, tough luck". We tried again this past weekend along with a friend who is extremely knowledgeable about computers, and again, no luck.
We are in the process of returning this device (not only because we can't get it to work, but mostly due to the fact that the customer care agents at Ooma has not made an attempt to help us further with this). Has anyone else experienced problems like this at all? Thanks! Scott K.
#101448 by thunderbird
Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:02 pm
kandskritz4 wrote:For two days now I have been unsuccessful in getting my Ooma device installed to the point where I'll have both internet and phone service at the same time. I either have phone service but no internet, or the other way around. I have talked to tech support for both days and even though everything is connected correctly, I still cannot achieve the desired results. The tech support agent kept mentioning that the problem is with our router, but we had a tech agent look at our router, and he says that their is absolutely nothing wrong with the router (plus it's only 3 years old). This is extremely frustrating and we are frankly very surprised that an Ooma agent hasn't called us back to see if we were successful at all, or if they could offer us further assistance. The attitude was generally "Oh well, tough luck". We tried again this past weekend along with a friend who is extremely knowledgeable about computers, and again, no luck.
We are in the process of returning this device (not only because we can't get it to work, but mostly due to the fact that the customer care agents at Ooma has not made an attempt to help us further with this). Has anyone else experienced problems like this at all? Thanks! Scott K.

What kind of Internet Service do you have? DSL, Cable, Wireless, etc.?

What is the brand name and model number of your Modem and Router?

Have you tried connecting your Ooma Telo, Modem-Router-Ooma?

If not try connecting Modem-Router-Ooma. Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo, and Router.
Connect Modem-Router-Ooma (don't use the network cable that come with the Ooma Telo, at least for now. Use a different network cable).
Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo.

Note: When connected Modem-Router-Ooma, nothing is connected to the Ooma Telo Home port, except a computer when accesss to Ooma Setup is required.