Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8716 by whn
Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:58 pm
please allow the ability to block calls that have

whatever non full caller id that comes in

PLEASE!

these telemarketers know how ooma works

because when they are blocked, you tell them

THANKS FOR USING OOMA or the worse one

YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED (which just pisses them off)
#8979 by Mike336
Sun May 03, 2009 9:30 am
The first thing you do is register your numbers with the "do not call" registry.

https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx

This program has improved since its initial introduction. You used to have to register by snail-mail, one form for each number, and it expired in 3 years. Now you can register 3 numbers at a time, online, and it never expires.
#8984 by Pandora
Sun May 03, 2009 10:29 am
I've seen calls like that come into my cell phone. They are very annoying. In my case I think they were coming from India.

What you may want and what Ooma may need to consider is an ability to block malformed callerid's. That would be callerid's which aren't 10 or 11 digits long.
#9005 by Pandora
Sun May 03, 2009 3:47 pm
whn wrote:Thanks Pandora for the explanation

Do u think OOMA will fix this? or allow this?

Thanks Mike336, I will do that.
I don't know. If you can, I'd write a private message to Dennis P, explain that malformed callerid's are less than 10 or 11 digits and generally come from abroad. Explain they are a nuisance not only to yourself but to many others. Explain they are a form of anonymous call. Then ask if anonymous call rejection can be modified to reject malformed callerid's.

Dennis or Bobby are the two most likely to help you. If it annoys you on Ooma, imagine how it annoys me on my cell phone, where I have to pay to get a foreign salesman try to sell me crap. :(