Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#101028 by hogtownguy
Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:16 pm
I think it would be great to have audio caller ID available if desired. This could announce the caller from the telo base. This would be especially a great feature for the visually impaired. Some cordless phones already have this feature but are quite expensive to purchase.
#101045 by hpepper
Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:18 am
You can get a Philips add-on talking caller ID unit from Amazon for $10 plus shipping... free shipping for Prime members. All you need is a line splitter so you could add it to an existing phone already plugged into the Telo.
#105472 by Senior-Helper
Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:13 pm
I have to agree with hogtownguy, this would be a fantastic feature for Ooma. I use this phone for a senior with dementia and it seems to work well since I can always log in and see who she has talked to, block unwanted soliciting, and help them with messaging. So far it works well. However, one feature that would be fantastic is a Caller ID Announce that matches the name entered in the Ooma contact list. I have not found nor tried the $10.00 unit on Amazon since she would not likely understand a voice message "incoming call from B. Smith", however, if you can have it speak "incoming call from Your Son Bob" then that feature/option on the Ooma device would make it an even more unique device. It would seem like the hardware is capable of this.
#120280 by mike11
Thu May 22, 2014 5:36 am
I agree 100%. That's the biggest feature missing - and something we used a lot with our old Panasonic phones. I think the option should be available to speak the caller ID from the handsets as well as from the base. This could be the one feature that keeps me from recommending Ooma to my friends.
#120289 by lbmofo
Thu May 22, 2014 10:02 am
mike11 wrote:This could be the one feature that keeps me from recommending Ooma to my friends.

C'Mon now. What other VoIP devices do this? Better yet, what phone companies do this?
#120637 by oomamaniacal
Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:46 pm
mike11 wrote:I agree 100%. That's the biggest feature missing - and something we used a lot with our old Panasonic phones. I think the option should be available to speak the caller ID from the handsets as well as from the base. This could be the one feature that keeps me from recommending Ooma to my friends.

The talking caller ID feature is one of the reasons I chose Panasonic handsets instead of the OOMA HD2 handsets. The Panasonic phones work well with OOMA, but I would like to have the high fidelity sound that only the OOMA handsets have.