Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#100456 by dpierce
Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:59 am
Yesterday afternoon I came into the office to find my Telo completely dark. Nothing but the little network light on back was on. I unplugged it and hoped for the best when plugging it back in, and thankfully it came up normally. It seems as if Ooma attempted a failed update push...maybe? I haven't been able to get to the Telo setup page through my network since (yet again), and need to hook it directly to my PC later to check things out. That damn "allow to connect through network" setting never sticks and it's getting damn annoying. I'm relieved to see in the forums today that I'm not the only one who experienced the Telos lockup around the same time. Because of this and other times my unit has locked similarly after an update push I assume since it worked perfectly right up to a new version forum announcement. I'm just a little uncomfortable with a company pushing out updates without user intervention or awareness. My last Telo lasted a year and one month. I'm convinced it went dark (just as this time) due to a failed restart after an update push. It never came back up and Ooma refused to warranty it of course.

Coming home to an Ooma gone dark is a scary thing. I wish Ooma would consider sending email alerts or a links with verbiage asking customers be aware of mandatory necessary updates about to be applied. I understand the need for Ooma to push out these things without an option to decline, but I still need to know when they are being applied so I can watch for problems and potential service interruptions. This happens more often than just every once in a great while so let’s get with the times and be realistic about this. The very least they could do is have their automated update bots check whether an update took and the customers service is back up and running normally 15min or so after attempting it. If not, they should send us a courtesy email asking us to reboot our system and explain the reason.
#100459 by WayneDsr
Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:23 am
FYI to by-pass the ALLOW ACCESS check box issue add a port forward in the screen below that line.

Use 172.27.35.1 as the FORWARDED TO
and PORT 80 as the port.

This will allow you to be able to log into the web interface without the ALLOW ACCESS box checked.

Wayne
#100461 by dpierce
Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:03 am
WayneDsr wrote:FYI to by-pass the ALLOW ACCESS check box issue add a port forward in the screen below that line.

Use 172.27.35.1 as the FORWARDED TO
and PORT 80 as the port.

This will allow you to be able to log into the web interface without the ALLOW ACCESS box checked.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, so in the first box where it asks for the starting port and ending port...what would I put there? I know the forwarding IP and port number settings below that, but when entering everything from 10-100 in the first box still I am unable to connect.

It doesn't matter that I have this behind the router does it? I have it assigned a IP. Trying to go to the assigned address directly, or 172.27.35.1:80 and 172.27.35 doesn't seem to work either.