Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#99632 by hindsight is 20-20
Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:00 pm
Hi Everyone,
I recall when I first got our Ooma Telo that we could get a free handset if we paid for a 1 yr Premier account in full. Does anyone know if they will be doing this again? Does anyone know when the handset is going to be released? I really don't want to buy the old version off eBay...they want too much $$ for them there.
Thanks!
#99637 by GMOOMA
Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:11 pm
Best info on the HD handset is September or October.. perhaps moderators could be more specific...
I am greatly anticipating the HD handset as well.. this is the only thing putting me off buying an updated set of wireless handsets as mine are currently over 6 years old.. hopefully it won't cost more than the average High Quality 2-handset wireless phone system $75-$90

If ya could see the rube goldberg job I did to solder nimh batteries to save money on buying a new pack every 3 years you'd laugh.. these days, it'd probably be cheaper to just order a new pack on ebay.. but back then it was $20, easy... and only with 700mah batteries.. 850mah batteries were $9
#99642 by dsinternet
Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:37 pm
I am thinking that it will be worth the wait. Ooma does not even sell the old handset anymore. Do you really want to buy something that has already been discontinued? I seem to remember reading somewhere about a Sept/Oct release date. I have no idea if they are giving a free handset with a year of Premier.
#99651 by Leeway
Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:33 pm
I agree with Dsinternet. I also saw not long ago that it would be out this fall. I wouldn't doubt Ooma might offer it with a bonus for starters. It's been a long anticipated wait for many folks.

Donna