Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#99279 by tbeltz
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:49 am
OK: I have the Ooma TELO, at least that is what is on the bottom of the Unit and have had it for 2 or 3 months and really am not having any serious issues with it. But I am somewhat confused. In reading some of the posts, some were referring to their "HUB" which at first I thought was just another name for what I had?? But as time went on I am thinking there is something else that posters may be referring to? Then along with some of the hub remarks they are referring to a "Scout". Is this equipment even still available? Was it the first Ooma of some sort? Does the TELO replace this equipment? Then they refer to the Handset for the TELO? As a new user should I even be concerned about the "HUB and the SCOUT" or should I just disregard those posts as not-applicable to my services or questions? Just looking for some simple explination and education from some of the older "no pun intended" and more knowledgable users.

The other question I have is in regard to the second line. It says you have to have the handset to use the second line feature but am questioning how I might be able to make use of it with out the handset. I am a snowbird and have ported my number over with no issues in the 269 area code. First can I get the second line in the 941 area code, which I think is possible. Then can I simply decide (based upon where i am ) which number I want to use as my primary outgoing number? It seems as though I saw that togle feature within the settings?
Would I be able to receive inbound calls on either number without the use of the Ooma handset? I realize I would only be able to use one line at a time which would not be a problem for me. Just trying to enhance the use of the unit in both places and avoid the need for people in one place to have to do a 10 digit dial. Comments or thoughts would be appreciated.
#99284 by thunderbird
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:01 am
tbeltz wrote:OK: I have the Ooma TELO, at least that is what is on the bottom of the Unit and have had it for 2 or 3 months and really am not having any serious issues with it. But I am somewhat confused. In reading some of the posts, some were referring to their "HUB" which at first I thought was just another name for what I had?? But as time went on I am thinking there is something else that posters may be referring to? Then along with some of the hub remarks they are referring to a "Scout". Is this equipment even still available? Was it the first Ooma of some sort? Does the TELO replace this equipment? Then they refer to the Handset for the TELO? As a new user should I even be concerned about the "HUB and the SCOUT" or should I just disregard those posts as not-applicable to my services or questions? Just looking for some simple explination and education from some of the older "no pun intended" and more knowledgable users.

The Ooma Hub and Scout is the old obsolete predecessor to the Ooma Telo. The Ooma Hub and Scout are becoming very hard to find for purchase, since their manufacture has been discontinued for some years. A few will appear on E-bay, etc., once and a while.

tbeltz wrote:The other question I have is in regard to the second line. It says you have to have the handset to use the second line feature but am questioning how I might be able to make use of it with out the handset. I am a snowbird and have ported my number over with no issues in the 269 area code. First can I get the second line in the 941 area code, which I think is possible. Then can I simply decide (based upon where i am ) which number I want to use as my primary outgoing number? It seems as though I saw that togle feature within the settings?
Would I be able to receive inbound calls on either number without the use of the Ooma handset? I realize I would only be able to use one line at a time which would not be a problem for me. Just trying to enhance the use of the unit in both places and avoid the need for people in one place to have to do a 10 digit dial. Comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

You can use both lines if you have Premier Ooma service, and receive calls on both lines. But you can’t use both lines at the same time unless you have at least one connected Ooma Telo Handset, and one regular phone connected to the Ooma Telo phone port. You should be able to get a 941 area code phone number.

Note: This fall the HD2 new design Ooma Telo handset should be coming out for sale to the Ooma public.
#99286 by tbeltz
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:43 am
Right noow I have the Premier simply because of the requirement in buying the equipment however I only have the one number in the 269 area working on it.

Am I corret is remembering that I could toggle from one line to the other and making which ever one I wanted as my primary? By primary I mean that the line made as primary would be the line to give me dial tone when going off hook. Wen in 269 i could make that my primary and when in 941, I could then change that to my primary. If this is the case then I will definately keep the Premier service with that configuration. Appreciate the assistance and sharing of knowledge.
#99292 by murphy
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:59 am
You can set which number you want to send as your default outgoing caller ID in your my.Ooma account.
#99294 by tbeltz
Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:18 am
When I toggle between the two numbers chosing my default or primary number will that then be the number that gives me Dial Tone when going off hook. I will not be using the TELO handset just my regular single line phone. I understand the Caller ID issue but am wondering if making the toggle if that will also decide which line gives me dial tone thereby allowing for the 7 digit dialing.
#99298 by murphy
Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 am
There is no relationship between lines and numbers.
The first call always uses line 1 if it is not already in use.

I can't answer your question about 7 digit dialing since 7 digit dialing hasn't been vaild where I live for at least 20 years.

The only way to make your second number the primary number is to call Customer Support.
I suspect they would not be happy if you did that very often.