Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#98381 by BuckInNC
Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:58 am
We currently have Ooma at our winter home. Plan to install at our beach house. Are there interesting things we can do with having 2 independent systems with different area codes? For example, share phone lists, second line ring, etc.

Thanks a lot.
#98383 by thunderbird
Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:27 am
BuckInNC wrote:We currently have Ooma at our winter home. Plan to install at our beach house. Are there interesting things we can do with having 2 independent systems with different area codes? For example, share phone lists, second line ring, etc.

Thanks a lot.

One thing is:
Using a phone number from the area code that most of your Inbound call come from, so that your callers don't have to pay long distancce charges.
#98402 by oomg
Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 pm
May not be what you are thinking, but I forward all my incoming messages from multiple Ooma (Premier) voicemail accounts to an email address on my iPhone. By doing so, it doesn't matter whether the caller knows where I might be at any specific time... they can always call the same number. If I happen to be on one of these multiple locations, I can return the call without incurring any charges. If I happen to be out and about, I can use the Ooma Mobile app to return the call.
#98448 by greened3
Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 pm
I have a winter home and summer home. I've ported both landline numbers from AT&T to Ooma, I had to have premier service in order to port the second number. But I only need to have one Telo which I bring with me when I leave one place for the other. I just have to change the number being used for caller id to match my location. This works great and our friends can reach us not matter what number they call.