Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#98335 by padroo
Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:51 pm
I have just installed a new Motorola Surfboard SBG6580 Integrated router and have a replacement OOMA Telo on the way for warranty purposes. The directions tell you it is best to install the OOMA Telo between the Modem and the Router but with an integrated router meaning the modem and router are physically in the same box this cannot be done. Here is what I will have, Modem, Router, then OOMA Telo. I have a wireless adapter that I may or may not use but it says to set up the OOMA Telo in a wired configuration first then follow the directions on how to set it up wireless. I have comcast as my ISP.
#98336 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:22 pm
padroo wrote:I have just installed a new Motorola Surfboard SBG6580 Integrated router and have a replacement OOMA Telo on the way for warranty purposes. The directions tell you it is best to install the OOMA Telo between the Modem and the Router but with an integrated router meaning the modem and router are physically in the same box this cannot be done. Here is what I will have, Modem, Router, then OOMA Telo. I have a wireless adapter that I may or may not use but it says to set up the OOMA Telo in a wired configuration first then follow the directions on how to set it up wireless. I have comcast as my ISP.

The latest directions say to install the Ooma Telo after the Router, reference https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... G_2011.pdf step 2.

For a Wi-Fi connection, see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12539
#98341 by lbmofo
Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:56 am
Whether you connect via Ooma wifi adapter or ethernet, your modem/router combo is supposed to be able to do QoS (but I couldn't find any reference to it in the owner's manual)...make sure you give your Ooma the highest priority.