Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#98266 by HellsChicken
Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:29 pm
My Ooma is tucked away near my cable modem in the basement, so pressing the play button is a hassle. Dialing our full phone number is annoying (even if we have it in the address book).

I'd love to see something implemented like most of your competitors with a simple * operation. eg. *99 (Comcast) or *123 (Vonage) to pick up voicemail.
#98290 by TPower
Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:15 pm
My att cordless phones has a voice mail feature. Shows me when I have a voice mail and all i did was program one time to set up number and than i just push the #1 key and it goes to voice mail no problem!
#98296 by murphy
Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:16 pm
It's a single button press on a Telo handset.
#98299 by HellsChicken
Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:03 pm
Which is, again, a feature of a specific phone :p

My point is to NOT have to buy a new phone. You don't have to buy a new phone if you go with Comcast, or Vonage, or Frontier. Their system just supports a star key code to access voicemail. No reason Ooma can't do the same.
#98355 by EX Bell
Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:41 pm
HellsChicken wrote:Which is, again, a feature of a specific phone :p

My point is to NOT have to buy a new phone. You don't have to buy a new phone if you go with Comcast, or Vonage, or Frontier. Their system just supports a star key code to access voicemail. No reason Ooma can't do the same.

They could, but to be frank and with all due respect, you can just set your own number as an autodial in memory on the phone and I can't really relate to how that's an annoyance. If you don't have a single button to dial VM, then you probably don't have a light on your phone(s) to indicate a message is waiting. So if your Telo is tucked away in the basement, how do you even know if you have a message? If you're a Priemier subscriber and own a smart phone, the voicemail to email is an incredibly useful feature. Ooma basic is great, but Ooma with Premier service is so much better. I recommend all my clients and friends purchase Ooma with an annual Premier subscription.

Many phones will also allow single button auto dial, and as has been mentioned already, others have a feature (like my Panasonic) that flashes a light and presents a single soft key to press for VM access when a voicemail is waiting. With so many options available from various manufacturers, this is a nice to have as you wrote, but very likely a very low priority with the company.

One of the unexpected benefits that came from switching to Ooma was purchasing my Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0
I didn't realized just how bad the sound quality of my old phones were and what I was missing from Ooma until I upgraded. Very glad I did. Money well spent in my case.
#98406 by oomg
Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:32 pm
"If you're a Priemier subscriber and own a smart phone, the voicemail to email is an incredibly useful feature. Ooma basic is great, but Ooma with Premier service is so much better. I recommend all my clients and friends purchase Ooma with an annual Premier subscription."

That's what I do. All voicemail messages for each of my multiple Ooma systems is forwarded to an email address on my iPhone which is always in my possession. Thus, I have immediate access to all messages even when I am not in the same location as my Ooma system where the message is left.
#98544 by GMOOMA
Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:39 pm
You can also access vmail from the web interface.. doesn't have to be a pc.. a tablet can login and playback messages too..
You can also program speeddial numbers in most cordless handsets, where you hold down a preset number (1) usually is voicemail so you can program your ooma #.. and it directly logs in, no password needed.