Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8410 by folsomrn
Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:46 am
First let me start off by saying that I really appreciate all the hard work went into developing the Ooma system. However, it is my opinion that call forwarding, or multi-ring if you will, should have been a standard option. This really is the only feature I use often with all my phones and seems to be included with most other services I have used in the past. I can't justify the cost for the premium service just to get call fowarding.

Please consider making call forwarding a standard option and maybe multi-ring as a premium feature.

At the very least maybe Ooma could consider allowing features to be paid A la carte? =)
#8418 by oomg
Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 am
folsomrn wrote:First let me start off by saying that I really appreciate all the hard work went into developing the Ooma system. However, it is my opinion that call forwarding, or multi-ring if you will, should have been a standard option. This really is the only feature I use often with all my phones and seems to be included with most other services I have used in the past. I can't justify the cost for the premium service just to get call fowarding.

Please consider making call forwarding a standard option and maybe multi-ring as a premium feature.

At the very least maybe Ooma could consider allowing features to be paid A la carte? =)

From another thread:
My understanding is that it is in the works. C/S can set your number to be forwarded without multiring, but that may be a PITA if you need to change it frequently.

There may be another solution. Assign your scout to the number you want to forward. Set multiring to ring to the forwarding destination number. Unplug the phone on the assigned scout (or maybe just unplug the scout) when you don't want it to answer. Be sure to set the answer time on the assigned number to a higher value (e.g. 8-10 rings). That way, if no one at the forwarded number answers, you will still get a message at the assigned number.

Maybe some of this info will help:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1300&start=10